Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-29-2022, 01:37 PM   #1
PUIB5376
PUIB5376 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue likebook Mars T80D
Unhappy Boyues Likebook Mars T80D: malfunctions

Hello,
For several months I have been experiencing malfunctions with my Boyues Likebook Mars T80D.
After reading a few pages of a book, the screen begins to flicker and, depending on the case, the screen freezes on the current page or the font size decreases and the pages begin to scroll at full speed mostly backwards. If you close the support flap (standby) and reopen it (exit standby mode), the eReader sometimes starts to work correctly for a few minutes before the fault reappears.
This type of defect is present whether it is with the Boyues reader or one of the Koreader or Moon+ Reader applications.
Under these conditions, my Mars reader is unusable. I tried several times to restart the system but without success.
I also performed a factory reset twice but these malfunctions persist.
I'm currently on Android 8.1.0 and just updated to V3.1.1, but I'm having the same malfunctions as when I was on V3.1.0.
Can you provide me with your technical support because I no longer know what to do to resolve these malfunctions?
PUIB5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:20 AM   #2
PUIB5376

Angry Dysfunctions persist

Hi there,
I still have the same malfunctions. I don't know what to do... Are there any users of the Likebook Mars reader for whom reading epub books works correctly or do you also experience malfunctions?
Advert
Old 11-09-2022, 04:43 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUIB5376 View Post
Hi there,
I still have the same malfunctions. I don't know what to do... Are there any users of the Likebook Mars reader for whom reading epub books works correctly or do you also experience malfunctions?
I have no problems
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:11 AM   #4
SanTibu
SanTibu began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars
Hi. I own a Likebook Mars reader for almost two years now and I don't have the problem reported by PUIB5376. My reader is updated. I mainly use the Boyues reader included, but I also have KOReader, but no problem at all.
SanTibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:48 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hello,
For several months I have been experiencing malfunctions with my Boyues Likebook Mars T80D.
After reading a few pages of a book, the screen begins to flicker and, depending on the case, the screen freezes on the current page or the font size decreases and the pages begin to scroll at full speed mostly backwards. If you close the support flap (standby) and reopen it (exit standby mode), the eReader sometimes starts to work correctly for a few minutes before the fault reappears.
This type of defect is present whether it is with the Boyues reader or one of the Koreader or Moon+ Reader applications.
Under these conditions, my Mars reader is unusable. I tried several times to restart the system but without success.
I also performed a factory reset twice but these malfunctions persist.
I'm currently on Android 8.1.0 and just updated to V3.1.1, but I'm having the same malfunctions as when I was on V3.1.0.
Can you provide me with your technical support because I no longer know what to do to resolve these malfunctions?
Did you try to remove the device from cover?
Advert
Old 11-09-2022, 06:53 AM   #6
SanTibu
SanTibu began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars
Hello again.
I have checked my eReader and there is a pinhole on the bottom near the micro-usb connector. I've never used it but it's worth a try in your case, with an unusable device. Try resetting your Mars and don't forget to report back if it worked. Good luck !
SanTibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 07:34 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanTibu View Post
Hello again.
I have checked my eReader and there is a pinhole on the bottom near the micro-usb connector. I've never used it but it's worth a try in your case, with an unusable device. Try resetting your Mars and don't forget to report back if it worked. Good luck !
This pinhole is the upgrade key
Driver
Android Tool
Mars Firmware 8.1

Last edited by ottischwenk; 11-09-2022 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:37 PM   #8
PUIB5376

mise à jour déjà réalisée

Je vous remercie pour les liens de téléchargements de la mise à niveau mais je les avais déjà et j'ai effectué la mise à niveau en respectant la procédure décrite.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:39 PM   #9
PUIB5376

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Did you try to remove the device from cover?
No, I didn't think to remove the reading light from the lid. I'll give it a try and let you know the outcome.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:41 PM   #10
PUIB5376

Quote:
Hello again.
I have used this procedure several times before to perform factory resets but the fault always returns after a few hours of reading.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:43 PM   #11
PUIB5376

Quote:
Hi. I own a Likebook Mars reader for almost two years now and I don't have the problem reported by PUIB5376. My reader is updated. I mainly use the Boyues reader included, but I also have KOReader, but no problem at all.
Thank you for this info. If you don't have a problem with your reader, it shouldn't be a software problem, but rather a hardware problem???
Old 11-09-2022, 06:36 PM   #12
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Maybe ask in the onyx subforum. They might know what it is. You might be able to fix it. It sounds like a hardware fault.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 03:03 AM   #13
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Maybe ask in the onyx subforum.
Likebook Mars?
Old 11-10-2022, 03:04 AM   #14
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Je vous remercie pour les liens de téléchargements de la mise à niveau mais je les avais déjà et j'ai effectué la mise à niveau en respectant la procédure décrite.
Try it again!
Old 11-14-2022, 05:27 PM   #15
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Thank you for this info. If you don't have a problem with your reader, it shouldn't be a software problem, but rather a hardware problem???
That makes it sound like an issue with the digitizer, if you take the device out of the included magnet case then open a book or app that has lots of touch control surfaces then hold the device from the top and bottom and flex it slightly does the book or screen go nuts?

Also are you using a Micro SD Card or just the internal storage for your books?
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boyue, malfunctions, mars t80d, update