Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice
Normally this kind of message would be sent as a private message. But since hn333 has private messages and visitor messages turned off, we have no option but a public message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
Thanks fore sharing that story that has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

This kind of comment is not welcome on Mobileread. It does not add information to the topic, but is purely posted to attack another member of MobileRead. If this behaviour continues, a temporary ban will be imposed.

The MobileRead Moderating Team

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-20-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: punctuation typos
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #17
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I found this in one of the discussion threads on Amazon.com.

In the web browser settings you want to select "Clear history"

It works!!! All your books and periodicals remain. It's a quick and dirty way to clean up the Carousel when needed.

Now if we can get some customization options for it, that would be great. We should be able to select what content we want to show up there. I don't want my apps and web browsing history there. The favorites shelf is good enough for day-to-day app access and movies/tv shows. And we have browser bookmarks.
Here is a slightly quicker way to clear web pages from the Carousel. When in the stock browser you can press Web Menu --> History --> Clear All button, then click the Home button. Then even the current web page is removed.

This doesn't save much time, but at least you don't have to look for the Clear History option in the Settings menu.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-20-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #18
janiebegood
Enthusiast
janiebegood began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, K1 (RIP), K2, K3, and now Kindle Fire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Here is a slightly quicker way to clear web pages from the Carousel. When in the stock browser you can press Web Menu --> History --> Clear All button, then click the Home button. Then even the current web page is removed.

This doesn't save much time, but at least you don't have to look for the Clear History option in the Settings menu.
Ahhhhhh. Thank you! Still wish I could clear other things from the Carousel, but this is a big help.
janiebegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #19
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Many thanks for this!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #20
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
But no way to delete the books I recently bought from Amazon. Such as the racy freebies?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
But no way to delete the books I recently bought from Amazon. Such as the racy freebies?
Nope I wish there was. Hubby was having fun looking at my carousel covers last night from my books archive.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:56 PM   #22
asb2164
asb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the roughasb2164 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle
Now my Midget Clown fetish can remain a secret.
asb2164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:21 AM   #23
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by asb2164 View Post
Now my Midget Clown fetish can remain a secret.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #24
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
I really don't see how thats a problem.
What if you share the device with your kids... what if you read erotica ... what if you lost it and you were checking Bank of America or Wells Fargo site ...

I think it's a problem.

Good post SCION, Karma for that!

Last edited by jocampo; 11-26-2011 at 02:39 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote