Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Today, 03:54 AM   #1906
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
It sounds like the internet became self aware and decided to try and communicate with felines over humanity.
Clearly it recognized which of the two was the superior species.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:24 AM   #1907
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only time I ever had a problem with a router was when it was when the processor was too underpowered and it locked up because we had too much connected to it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:25 AM   #1908
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Something similar happened to me yesterday when annotating a full-screen screen capture, inadvertently pressed the "Make this my wallpaper" hotkey… (who knew there was such a thing in IV)
What the heck is IV?

If we're talking Windows, there are the system hot keys with Win-Letter.
Then there are the user hot keys with Ctrl-Alt-Letter.
Finally, there are (at least in Firefox) link hot keys with Shift-Alt-Letter.

(In any case, I despise Window's "OMG, you have a graphic there, should I make it your wallpaper?")

The problem with the user hot keys in Windows is that they are set individually in the .lnk files.
It's hard to keep track of them.
And these link files might be in "All Users" or your profile, they might be in the standard Start Menu or in the WinX directories (accessible from Win-X).
I wrote a little utility that scans and lists them. It's not released, I could polish it up.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:14 AM   #1909
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think IV is IrfanView

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:20 PM   #1910
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think IV is IrfanView
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

The only places I (as opposed to installers etc) put .lnk files are in the Taskbar and SendTo folders, never on the Desktop (if anything else does, I remove it immediately), and I never give them hotkeys.

My starting point for most tasks is with data, not a program.

I don't pick up a hammer and then look for some wood and a nail, or turn on a toaster and then look for some bread, or the washing machine and look for some clothes or linen to wash.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:38 PM   #1911
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
My starting point for most tasks is with data, not a program.
I mix my paradigms, but I do spend a lot of time in command line.
A hot key pulls up a shell for me.
A hot key pulls up a web browser.
A hot key pulls up the email app.
That's about it.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote