Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
Mark Levinson
Mark Levinson began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Intelligent investor (.mobi) format anyone

Intelligent investor (.mobi) format anyone
I tried to find this great book of investing but found none.
most of the this book available in pdf file format..very much not appropriate for kindle 3 at all.
any one would care to share this book with me?
best regards,
Mark Levinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Do not ask for pirated books on MR. If you do so again, you will be banned. We do not permit MR to be used for illegal activities.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 04:34 AM   #3
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
Indeed, it would be intelligent to invest a few dollars in that great book.
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
I see you have a Kindle 3 - here's a link to the Kindle edition on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Intelligent-In...=A7B2F8DUJ88VZ

or, if you're in the UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Intellig...5447010&sr=1-1
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I don't think this guy even looked at the valid channels. This book has been available in mobi format for a long time. It is also has been available at amazon for years now.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
(I know... I was kind of trying to make a point... )
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

DMSmillie made a point :-) To make thing even funnier, the simplest Google search shows, well, different versions.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #8
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Histerius View Post
Indeed, it would be intelligent to invest a few dollars in that great book.
Maybe.

Somewhere in Burton Malkiel's A Random Walk Down Wall Street, he writes that Intelligent Investor author Benjamin Graham allowed, shortly before his death, that his method of fundamental analysis no longer works.

My cheapskate recommendation for legitimately getting a first rate investment book on your Kindle is The Elements of Investing (2010) by Charles Ellis and Burton Malkiel, currently offered as a free Pdf download by the non-profit Vanguard Group of investment companies. Malkiel is a longtime Vanguard director, and Ellis also has a history with Vanguard, so this is on the level. It was linked in a prior thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ileRead+Forums)

I saved the Pdf download on my PC hard drive, opened it, and then did a save as text. Then I emailed it to my free.kindle.com address. I found it a pleasure to read, although one or two charts were mis-formatted.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #9
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post

I saved the Pdf download on my PC hard drive, opened it, and then did a save as text. Then I emailed it to my free.kindle.com address. I found it a pleasure to read, although one or two charts were mis-formatted.
Steve, any particular reason you went the extra step of saving the pdf as text? Amazon converts PDF. I sent a pdf with footnotes just yesterday, bracing myself for poor-yet-readable results. Oh, my... was I surprised! The footnotes were shown in gray and a smaller font. Not headers, no footers or page numbers. Beautiful.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Maybe.

Somewhere in Burton Malkiel's A Random Walk Down Wall Street, he writes that Intelligent Investor author Benjamin Graham allowed, shortly before his death, that his method of fundamental analysis no longer works.

My cheapskate recommendation for legitimately getting a first rate investment book on your Kindle is The Elements of Investing (2010) by Charles Ellis and Burton Malkiel, currently offered as a free Pdf download by the non-profit Vanguard Group of investment companies. Malkiel is a longtime Vanguard director, and Ellis also has a history with Vanguard, so this is on the level. It was linked in a prior thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ileRead+Forums)

I think he forgot to tell Warren Buffett Anyhow thanks for the link I'll be downloading that ASAP.

Buffett still follows Grahams method but he allows for Fishers philosophy as well.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
Histerius
Zealot

Well, a few dollars won't kill anybody and after reading Intelligent Investor some time ago (goes with a job as an editor in a business newspaper), I think that's money well spent. At least one can see what's in that famous book. Of course, other opinions are welcomed, there is one Bible and in investing there's no thing like Bible. (OK, there are more than one version of Bible but you know what I mean )
Old 01-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #12
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
Steve, any particular reason you went the extra step of saving the pdf as text?
Past experiences with other long texts.

I did just try emailing the pdf in question to my free.kindle.com address with Convert as the subject. Amazon's conversion looks reasonably good.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote