Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
carls_mc
carls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Make it hurry up!

Argh, my Kindle is in the country and now I just have to wait for it to be delivered to me. I can't stand waiting much longer!!!

To make matters worse, my friend got hers yesterday and has just been in to show it off to me. I have been lurking on the forum for a few weeks doing lots of research while I waited for it.

Sorry, just needed to vent to people who would understand LOL.
carls_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
m0ngr31
Connoisseur
m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.m0ngr31 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It took over a month for me to get mine, and I'm only a few states away... I totally feel your pain.
m0ngr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
morituri
Enthusiast
morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air, Kindle PW2, Kindle HD
I'm also waiting for my replacement Kindle to come. I only managed to use the K3 for a week before it became faulty, but I'm missing it already.

Tracking it via DHL is both exciting and frustrating
morituri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by carls_mc View Post
Argh, my Kindle is in the country and now I just have to wait for it to be delivered to me. I can't stand waiting much longer!!!

To make matters worse, my friend got hers yesterday and has just been in to show it off to me. I have been lurking on the forum for a few weeks doing lots of research while I waited for it.

anticipation! you will love it!

welcome to the forums!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:08 AM   #5
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carls_mc View Post

Welcome to MR ! I had to wait a month and a half to get my K3, they were out of stock when I ordered. I hope they'll deliver soon, you'll absolutely love it !
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:00 AM   #6
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Start adding books to a wish list - you can spend hundreds if not thousands of £/$! Very exciting but also very worrying.
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:06 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd also suggest looking in the "Book Uploads" forum here; we have many books available for download, all of them free. It's the Mobipocket format ones that you want for the Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #8
carls_mc
carls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enoughcarls_mc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Thanks for all the advice.

I got home this afternoon to find it sitting on my doorstep, I think I'm in love!
carls_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #9
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Congrats!!! I'm still waiting for mine...should ship by the 25th, I can't wait!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Congrats and welcome to MobileRead. Enjoy your Kindle!
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #11
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Congrats on the impending arrival of your new Kindle!

While I was waiting on mine, I used Kindle for PC and started collecting all the freebies. I helps to keep busy.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #12
screwballl
NewKindler
screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
hmmm bought mine in mid Dec and was here 4 days later... CA to FL.

But I have seen orders outside of the US take 3-6 weeks...
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote