Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-26-2020, 05:48 AM   #301
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'll check what it's happening (and see if I can reproduce it).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:49 AM   #302
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That was quick
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2020, 07:59 AM   #303
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@BetterRed, when do you change the author name? Before or after adding a new book to that author?
Old 05-26-2020, 08:58 AM   #304
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After

I am not at my calibre PC so I cant do any screen shots

I created an fresh library called 'ΩLast'

Using the Add Empty book option, I added a book with Author 'Better Red' and Title "Book One', I checked the create EPUB option.

Then I F2'd the Author cell and pasted the 'Ω' at the front of the Author cell and pressed Enter, the error "Failed to set data: blah-blah" popped, but when I dismissed it I had 'ΩBetter Red' in the Author cell.

When I opened the Book folder I noticed the epub file was a hardlink (I have a utility that puts a red overlay glyph on hardlinked files). Then i discovered I had 'Better Red' and 'OBetter Red" Author folders (the 'O' being the Latinised Ω), and there was a 'Book One (1)' folder in both Author folders and in the two book folders there was a hardlink to the epub file, viz:

Code:
ΩLast
    Better Red
        Book One (1)
            Book One - Better Red.epub (hardlink)
    OBetter Red
        Book One (1)
            Book One - OBetter Red.epub (hardlink)
So I did as KG asked and repeated it in a calibre --ignore plugins instance, and I didn't get an error.

The only plugin that looked like it might do anything on an author name change was GFN, so I moved it out of the plugins folder and tried again - and there was no error.

Hope that helps.

Take care

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-26-2020 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #305
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I get the error:
  • With the plugin
  • Using calibre --ignore plugins
  • Removing all the FileType plugins from the directory (Preferences checked)

So, I'm afraid this plugin is not responsible (or not the only responsible).
Advert
Old 05-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #306
BetterRed
null operator

How strange - I only did the couple of tests I've described, which weren't exhaustive.

I'll try to do some more later, I'll start with a freshly installed portable.

Added - see this threat ==>> Libraries starting with Non-Latin Characters

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-27-2020 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:52 AM   #307
halloleo
Zealot
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: iPad
Could/should GetFileName work on import via calibredb add?

I'm using the great GetFileName plugin to add when and from where I import a book.

However, I just noticed that books I add via calibredb add do not received the metadata from the GetFileName plugin.

Is something wrong in my install? Or is it even possible for the plugin to get triggered by calibredb add?

It would be nice if it worked, but this might be an understandable limitation of calibre's plugin architecture...
halloleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:55 AM   #308
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
plugins that work on import work via calibredb as well. both the gui and calibredb use the same underlying code to add books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 05:17 AM   #309
halloleo
Zealot
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Good to know, Kovid. Thanks!

Will investigate a bit more, but so far the GetFileName metadata is not added via calibredb.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:21 AM   #310
BetterRed
null operator

Moderator Notice
Moving to the GFN plugin thread

BR
Old 07-20-2020, 07:47 AM   #311
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloleo View Post
Good to know, Kovid. Thanks!

Will investigate a bit more, but so far the GetFileName metadata is not added via calibredb.
I´ll try to check it while I migrate it to python 3
Old 09-25-2020, 03:15 PM   #312
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Plugin ported to python 3
Old 09-26-2020, 04:19 AM   #313
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
It works perfectly.
Thank you very much!
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:34 PM   #314
halloleo
Zealot

I’ve updated to calibre 5 and suddenly GetFileName has disappeared.

Is it not Python 3 compatible? In the list at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=326405 GetFileName is struck out, so I thought it is compatible...

Update:

When I run calibredb on the command line I get the following warning:

Code:
Failed to initialize: GetFileName plugin
Somehow the plugin seems to be in a weird state...

Last edited by halloleo; 10-03-2020 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:18 AM   #315
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I'll check but I had installed in my 5.01 calibre

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin