Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-23-2020, 04:08 PM   #676
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@DaltonST - I posted a suggestion here, but Kovid has incorporated my suggestion into the core. So, I've moved the related posts to ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=25.

Take Care - BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:25 PM   #677
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I noticed that the visualize metadata only went up to the top 50 tags/items, is it possible to include the ability to export a list of ALL the metadata in a specific column?

I would like to create lists of all the tags/genres/etc. to open in excel but in order to do that I have to go into the .db file and using SQ Database I export a .csv of the column. I was just wondering if there was a way of doing it through the plugin.

I know it's total pie-in-the-sky, but being able to do it for other libraries at the same time as being in the current library (ie. all the tags in library 1, and library 3) That's not a big deal, but being able to export a list of all and not just the top 50 would be nice.

EDIT- Nevermind. The export does show all. I thought because the gui showed only the top 50 that it only exported the top 50.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2020, 08:35 PM   #678
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
On the topic of Visualize Metadata: Could there be an option to display dates per year instead of per month?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #679
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64, CalibreSpy & Freda+
Version 1.0.189 Miscellaneous Technical Changes

Version 1.0.189 -2020-12-14 Miscellaneous Technical Changes.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:52 PM   #680
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bug with Tag Browser Icons:

I have a composite tag-like column which splits up and dedups any hierarchical tags (e.g. Fiction.Animals.Cats, Fiction.Mystery.Cozy Mystery becomes Animals, Cats, Cozy Mystery, Fiction, Mystery). I will post the template if needed, but I think any partitioned (or hierarchical) category should work for replication purposes.

When Category Partitioning Method is set to either First letter or Partitioned in Preferences > Look & Feel > Tag Browser, it shows the partitions rather than the actual tags:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-12-22 20_43_00-JS+ GUI Tool_  Tag Browser Icon Assignments.png
Views:	34
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	184202

The only way to show the actual entries is to disable partitioning entirely or add it to Categories not to partition.

I've not tested what would happen if I disable partitions, add an icon, and then re-enable partitions, but I suspect it wouldn't work.

I've also noticed a similar behaviour for any hierarchical categories - this may or may not be by design, but having it display for partitions doesn't seem intended.

(Note that because of letter grouping and virtual libraries, the partitions themselves are also a moving target - what I'm showing there is "all books." In my Default VL, there's only four partitions, and my fanfic and documentation ones they de-partition entirely).

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-22-2020 at 09:06 PM.
Advert
Old 12-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #681
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tool explicitly states that it does ONLY Categories

Works fine for me.

Remember that the Tool explicitly states that it does ONLY Categories (i.e., NOT Sub-Categories).

I suspect that whatever you are doing has turned into being a de-facto Sub-Category.

See the attached image.

Next time, thoroughly document your issues with a comprehensive set of images. Pictures speak a thousand words.

Also, run in full "calibre-debug -g" mode so you can see any warning and error messages caused by the Tool due to your trying to use Sub-Categories (whether explicit or implicit). While in the Tool, after configuring, click the "Refresh Tag Browser" pushbutton to see what writes to the debug log. Example Sub-Category error: "===>>>Skipping an entire category since index was NOT valid: @CalibreSpyTest2.CSSubCat2".

DaltonST

By the way, the "Categories Only" support by the Tool is because chaley designed the Tag Browser standard icon functionality to work recursively, making it nigh on impossible to reliably debug complex monkey-patching. That is also why this Tool even exists. Chaley said that it was "way too much work" to add icons more than what the standard functionality currently shows. I agree with that in general, due to the Tag Browser icon recursiveness. I got around it by not using the Tag Browser user-functionality to map icons (i.e., the Tool), but there is still a limit to what I can reliably do, since the "hidden" functionality that you cannot see is executed whenever the Tag Browser changes/refreshes/recounts. The Tool dialog that you can actually see is the easy part. The Devil is in the details of the "hidden" monkey-patching functionality.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_tag_browser_icon_tool_hierarchical_tags_testing.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	847.3 KB
ID:	184221  

Last edited by DaltonST; 12-23-2020 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:02 PM   #682
ownedbycats
Wizard

Yes, the partitioning pretty much automatically shoves the entries into subcategories:

Name:	2020-12-23 13_58_34-Window.png
Views:	22
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	184227

I'm not sure how similar it is to a true user-defined hierarchical category though. Maybe @chaley (do pings even work on MR?) could provide more insight.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:07 PM   #683
DaltonST
Deviser

You are missing the point. The Tool is not going to support what you are doing. Real, explicit, implicit, de-facto, or otherwise, sub-categories will not be supported by the JS Tool.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:08 PM   #684
ownedbycats
Wizard

Ok. I can de-partition it at least if I decide to use column icons.

My comment on the partitioning hierarchy was more out of curiosity than actually looking for a workaround. I didn't make that clear I think.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:20 PM   #685
ownedbycats
Wizard

Another small bug/oversight with the Tag Browser Icon dialog:

When assigning an icon, the dropdown display the full paths and ellide in the middle, obscuring most of the filename (see attached image). Increasing the size of the window didn't affect the width of the dropdowns, unfortunately.

Making it just show the filename would probably be the easiest solution to this, or setting the ellides to the beginning instead of middle.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021-01-01 19_18_23-Greenshot.png
Views:	14
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	184425  

Last edited by ownedbycats; 01-01-2021 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:53 PM   #686
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.190 TB Icon Tool: miscellany

Version 1.0.190 -2021-01-02 TB Icon Tool: miscellany.

DaltonST
Old 01-02-2021, 03:09 PM   #687
ownedbycats
Wizard

That's better. Thank you!

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools