Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-09-2020, 05:41 PM   #646
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I can also confirm the issue. It only occurs when I select a category that has existing icon assignments.

Lockup occurs because an error dialog comes up, steals focus, but gets trapped underneath the always-on-top tag browser window. Since I have a shell extension that let me enable/disable AOT I was able to disable it and alt+tab away to get the error log:

Code:
calibre, version 5.2.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'<' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'NoneType'

calibre 5.2 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Calibre Power Search Plugin (1, 6, 0) && Clean Comments (0, 1, 0) && Comments Cleaner (0, 3, 1) && Count Pages (1, 10, 0) && Drop Search Results (1, 0, 10) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 5, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && FanFicFare (3, 23, 9) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 7, 2) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 25) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Import List (1, 5, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 184) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 7) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 2, 15) && Library Codes (1, 0, 47) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 1) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 84) && Open With (1, 5, 12) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 15) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && View Manager (1, 5, 7)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.job_spy.tagbrowser_icons_dialog", line 599, in event_current_text_changed_combo_category
  File "calibre_plugins.job_spy.tagbrowser_icons_dialog", line 1019, in refresh_matrix_control
  File "calibre_plugins.job_spy.tagbrowser_icons_dialog", line 1285, in refresh_values_combobox_only
  File "calibre_plugins.job_spy.tagbrowser_icons_dialog", line 968, in refresh_combo_boxes
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'NoneType'

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-09-2020 at 05:46 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:45 PM   #647
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64, CalibreSpy & Freda+
I will post a fix soon. That is a Python 3-related error.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2020, 06:00 PM   #648
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta Test JS Tag Browser Icons Tool Error

Deleted; see new version.

Last edited by DaltonST; 10-09-2020 at 06:23 PM. Reason: New version released.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:10 PM   #649
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm able to select the category now and I also succesfully modified one of the icon assignments.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:13 PM   #650
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Now it works perfectly.
Thank you very much!
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2020, 06:22 PM   #651
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.185 Tag Browser Icons Tool

Version 1.0.185 -2020-10-09 Tag Browser Icons Tool: Python 3 error in certain circumstances.

DaltonST
Old 10-11-2020, 10:20 PM   #652
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Please I need a better understanding of the "null" feature. If I set it, and change my mind, will I need to do something to reset the column so that the "null" becomes "not null"?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:31 PM   #653
DaltonST
Deviser

Bulk Metadata Edit or any other method that changes or deletes metadata. Routine and normal. No big deal.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:29 PM   #654
ownedbycats
Wizard

A possible glitch (unless it's intended):

When using virtual libraries, the Tag Browser Icon Assignment dialog seems to be unable to detect categories (or individual category items) not in the current VL.

I noticed this when adding an icon to one of my #fanficcat items. I was in the Intake VL at the time and it only showed one item under #fanficcat (for a fanfic I'd just downloaded). Switching back over to the Fanfiction VL showed them all. Switching to my default VL made #fanficcat not appear at all.

It's not really a big problem since I can switch VLs and I suspect it's probably just some side-effect of how JS detects the categories, but if it's a bug it seemed like a good idea to report anyways.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-15-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:20 PM   #655
DaltonST
Deviser

The JS TB Tool uses the currently TB Data. If the TB has only a particular VL's data displayed, then the TB Tool only has that same data available. So, nothing is wrong.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:33 PM   #656
ownedbycats
Wizard

Thank you
Old 10-16-2020, 04:01 AM   #657
ownedbycats
Wizard

For the 'GUI Colors,' the button to reset it to neutral colors works correctly according to the tooltip...just that I'm in dark mode, so black/snow/gainsboro are the wrong colours for that (a bit eye-searing when you've been staring at dark colours and it's not expected). Is there a way that JS could detect that Calibre's in dark mode and pick different neutral colors for those?

In any case restarting Calibre fixes any messed up colors so it's not a large issue.

Thank you

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-16-2020 at 04:28 AM.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:02 PM   #658
ownedbycats
Wizard

I just got this error when attempting to open a book from the annotation browser with the last-viewed column update activated.

Code:
calibre 5.3 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (1, 6, 0) && Clean Comments (0, 1, 0) && Comments Cleaner (1, 2, 1) && Count Pages (1, 10, 0) && Drop Search Results (1, 0, 10) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 5, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && FanFicFare (3, 24, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 1) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 25) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Import List (1, 5, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 185) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 8) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 1) && Library Codes (1, 0, 47) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 1) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 84) && Open With (1, 5, 12) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 17) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && SmartEject (2, 3, 0) && View Manager (1, 5, 7)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\actions\browse_annots.py", line 56, in open_annotation
TypeError: view_format_then_datestamp() got an unexpected keyword argument 'open_at'
Note: I previously used the 1.0.181 version of Job Spy (with a fudged version number to prevent me from accidentally updating it—I forgot to mention that in post #646, sorry) that doesn't have this problem. It began to occur when I updated to 185. Based on that I suspect the error is related to the changes made in 182 or 183.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-16-2020 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:56 AM   #659
DaltonST
Deviser

Beta Test JS Version 1.0.186

Please test JS 1.0.186 as changed for Calibre 5: view_format_then_datestamp as used by the new Annotations browser. I cannot test the Annotations piece, since I don't personally use the Viewer or Annotations, so I have no test data.

DaltonST
Attached Files
File Type: zip job_spy_dev.zip (617.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 10-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #660
ownedbycats
Wizard

I tested it. It opens the book and updates the column, but it doesn't jump to the annotation as expected.

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools