Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-20-2020, 12:47 AM   #631
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirikbb View Post
Any chance to get feature which populates/updates custom column by number of book formats for particular ebook?
You can do that with a custom column. Use the template:

Code:
{:'count(approximate_formats(),',')'}
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:06 PM   #632
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
I just noticed the Last Viewed tool in JS, which I love. I wonder if there'd be a way to query the filesystem to populate a custom column with the last date the file was opened, whether it was opened via Calibre or some other tool?

(on my Linux command line, I can use the stat tool and the relatime option to get this info, for instance)
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2020, 03:56 PM   #633
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64, CalibreSpy & Freda+
Windows does not have the equivalent built-in command-line tools, which means that I cannot develop a new JS GUI Tool that does what you suggest.

However, in Linux, you could write a Python script executed by calibredb that accumulates that data by book and writes to a .csv text file. Then, use the Job Spy plugin's Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata" to update your chosen custom columns. Or, you could also use calibredb to update your custom columns: calibredb.exe set_custom [options] columnlabel bookid value

See the user guide for calibredb for all of its CLI options.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 05:44 PM   #634
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Will this help me look up ASINs for books automatically?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #635
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Will this help me look up ASINs for books automatically?

No. The OP lists its tools.

Show Tooltip
Advert
Old 06-29-2020, 07:16 PM   #636
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
you could write a Python script executed by calibredb that accumulates that data by book and writes to a .csv text file. Then, use the Job Spy plugin's Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata" to update your chosen custom columns. Or, you could also use calibredb to update your custom columns: calibredb.exe set_custom [options] columnlabel bookid value.
Perfect, thanks for steering me in the right direction! I'm doing the latter.
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:54 PM   #637
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
An idea for a utility would be to include individual library information instead of just custom columns for every library.

I imagine being able to select a library and get the columns, book count, and maybe the earliest or latest timestamp. The databases have the ability to show a lot of information, and it would be great to be able to access it through the utility.

I use the custom column list to standardize all my libraries, but it would be nice if I could select a library and have a list of columns that are disimilar to the ones in that library listed, or choose which libraries to check instead of all of them.

As it is I have to export it to excel and highlight the desired template library and sort according to name/label to see differences. It' would be nice if the differences were the only thing to see instead of having to wade through all of them.

It could be set so that either columns that don't match or columns that aren't listed can be shown.

Just an idea.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #638
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I've gone over this now 3 times, and I can't see what I've done wrong:

I've placed checkmark in Tweak for Per-Library: 'Save Metadata in OPF-file' and written this in the plugin-tweaks:

Code:
Job_spy_save_metadata_in_opf_file = {'@ Arkiv FFN Intake': 'False', '@ Arkiv AO3 Intake': 'False'}

and then I got this error everytime:

Code:
calibre, version 4.8.0
JS+ GUI Tool: Tweak job_spy_save_metadata_in_opf_file: Error in the Tweak 'job_spy_save_metadata_in_opf_file' in Your Preferences > Tweaks > Plugin Tweaks.<br><br><b>Activated in JS but Tweak is missing.</b><br><br>You should recustomize Job Spy Tweaks and Preferences for this GUI Tool before proceeding.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:20 AM   #639
DaltonST
Deviser

Job_spy_save_metadata_in_opf_file is not all lower case.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:19 AM   #640
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:16 PM   #641
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.184 Qt tweaks in Customizing

Version 1.0.184 -2020-07-26 Qt tweaks in Customizing so that Job Spy customizing within Linux (at least Debian-KDE Plasma within Chrome OS, anyway) looks essentially the same as Job Spy customizing does under Windows 10.

DaltonST
Old 09-06-2020, 09:49 PM   #642
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Is the book-identifier matrix meant to be read-only? I tried editing an id with it but it didn't save. (And if so, what's the 'cancel' button for?) I know of 'edit identifiers' but that only seems to work on one book at a time.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-10-2020 at 02:18 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:10 AM   #643
DaltonST
Deviser

JS Tear-Off Menus Reference Sheet

See the attached JS Tear-Off Menus Reference Sheet.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_tearoff_menus.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	182001  
Old 10-09-2020, 02:51 PM   #644
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Tag Browser User Category Icon Assignaments hang in Calibre 5.2

Windows 10 64 bit
I have been using this tool for quite some time without any problem, although I don't remember which version of Calibre I used it for the last time.
Now simply when trying to select a category, the tool and the Calibre itself hangs.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:30 PM   #645
DaltonST
Deviser

JS GUI Tool: Tag Browser Category Custom Icons Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
Windows 10 64 bit
I have been using this tool for quite some time without any problem, although I don't remember which version of Calibre I used it for the last time.
Now simply when trying to select a category, the tool and the Calibre itself hangs.

Changes in Tag Browser and/or Category changes in Calibre 5.2 must have broken that tool. Deactivate it and quit using it for now.

Added: I cannot reproduce your error. I need your details.

Run in DEBUG mode, recreate your error(s), and then post your debug log back to your original prior post.

Also, post some screen-prints of your Tag Browser with the Categories expanded, and indicate what other Category-related plugins you are using.

Also indicate what you were doing (exactly) when the error(s) occurred.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 10-09-2020 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Need debug log

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools