Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-11-2020, 01:53 PM   #616
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64, CalibreSpy & Freda+
Yes. See the attached image of the Metadata tools menu a few posts ago.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:46 PM   #617
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Yes. See the attached image of the Metadata tools menu a few posts ago.
Thanks. I had her update calibre and plugins and she's a happy camper now. It might have helped if I'd noticed earlier that she was on calibre 3.4.0 and had not updated anything since the initial install ~4 years ago (July, 2017). Can I blame it on using Teamviewer...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2020, 06:40 PM   #618
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Added feature request

Tag browser list order tweak per library?

Also, if I update and set up the current version of the plugin using the most current version of Calibre 64, then later open up my Calibre 32 which is 4.7, will the plugin still work?

Finally, I noticed that the spacing in the text boxes in the edit gui is a bit off, I added a screenshot.

Thanks in advance!

Ps. Regarding setting the order of custom columns for individual libraries in edit metadata, if I already have my Calibre tweaks set up, will that take care of any libraries not listed in Job Spy? Will it my Calibre tweaks override the Job Spy settings if I change the columns in a set library? Maybe I delete or add a column and it changes what I have set up with Job Spy? Normally for the tweaks if the column is listed in a library, it is organized but if it isn't listed then it gets sent to the default position at the bottom. It makes it easy to change columns around without having an error.

If I set the Job Spy, but either change or remove or add a column listed, will it throw an error? Also, do I need to set up a default list or can my Calibre tweaks already being used take care of that.

I want to set it up, but I am afraid if I miss a column, or change a column, or do some kind of change it will throw an error halting everything until I change or fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Job Spy on Calibre 4.7.png
Views:	99
Size:	759.6 KB
ID:	179198  

Last edited by Rellwood; 05-11-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #619
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.181 New GUI Tool: Per-Library Tweak 'Tag Browser Category Order'

Version 1.0.181 -2020-05-19 New GUI Tool: Per-Library Tweak to Specify 'Tag Browser Category Order' Option by Library.

Closely read the ToolTips in JS Customizing for this JS Tweak, as well as the attached overview image.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_tweak_per_library_tag_browser_category_order.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	179352  
Old 05-21-2020, 03:48 AM   #620
gianni_1
Enthusiast
gianni_1 began at the beginning.

Device: tablet
Hi,
can I know what is the latest version that works with Calibre 3.48 and where can I find it? thanks. Gianni
gianni_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2020, 07:15 AM   #621
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianni_1 View Post
Hi,
can I know what is the latest version that works with Calibre 3.48 and where can I find it? thanks. Gianni
Try here ==>> 'Old' Plugins for 'Old' Calibre Versions

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 04:10 PM   #622
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Something I've noticed: Using the 'choose format' window (Alt+V default shortcut) doesn't update the last-viewed column.

I'm not sure if this was a deliberate design choice or something overlooked, so I'm posting about it here.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:55 PM   #623
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.182 Enhancements to GUI Tool 'Update Last-Viewed'

Version 1.0.182 -2020-06-14 Enhancements to GUI Tool 'Update Last-Viewed': added two more GUI actions to invoke this tool.

Now the tool is invoked 3 ways: View/'V'; View Specific Format/'alt+V'; and clicking a format shown under Formats in the Book Details pane.

DaltonST
Old 06-14-2020, 06:19 PM   #624
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there a way to specifically bypass the book-detail pane format thing? I actually use that in the cases when I don't want to update the last-read date. (Though if it's too much work to implement that I can just use open-folder and then open file directly.) Thanks.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-14-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:24 AM   #625
DaltonST
Deviser

"Path: Click to open"

Book Details pane: click "Path: Click to open", then select the format to open. That is "outside" of Calibre.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:58 AM   #626
ownedbycats
Wizard

I suppose I could also open the file via the edit-metadata window too. Thank you.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #627
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.183 Technical changes to GUI Tool 'Update Last-Viewed'

Version 1.0.183 -2020-06-16 Technical changes to GUI Tool 'Update Last-Viewed'
Old 06-16-2020, 07:36 PM   #628
ownedbycats
Wizard

The new update seems to have made it so that opening the file from the edit-metadata window also changes the view-date after saving, even if I manually change after the initial open. No way to avoid this?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-16-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:45 AM   #629
DaltonST
Deviser

Use CalibreSpy in CLI mode with "pre-filtering"

The Edit Metadata "view format" action is identical in nature to the Alt+V "View Format" action, and is buried within the EM widget which itself is a built-in plugin, so, no.

If you want to strictly view books with no chance of updating them in any way, including last-viewed, use CalibreSpy. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=310103

CalibreSpy was designed from the start to be read-only.

Use CalibreSpy in CLI mode (run from a .bat file), not from the Calibre GUI, to avoid the Calibre Edit Metadata modal window from hiding it, since running CS directly from its icon in the Calibre GUI makes it subservient to Calibre.

See the CalibreSpy Original Post for .bat files for you to download and use.

I highly recommend the "pre-filtering" version of the .bat file if you are looking for something special, metadata-wise.

CS has functionality from several of my plugins "built in", and you can have multiple CS windows open in the same and/or different Libraries simultaneously.

DaltonST
Old 06-19-2020, 03:30 PM   #630
mirikbb
mirikbb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Any chance to get feature which populates/updates custom column by number of book formats for particular ebook?
Thanks for considering it.
mirikbb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools