Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-26-2020, 01:52 PM   #391
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@Peter82: I was talking about the Python version Calibre runs on (i.e., 2.7 for Calibre 4, 3.x for Calibre 5), not the one used for LibrarianSync on the Kindle, which is irrelevant here .

I vaguely recall that's there's a button somewhere in the GUI to restart in Debug mode, I'm sure it's detailed in the FAQ or has been mentioned approximately seven billion times by plugin devs in this very forum .
(I happen not to remember it right now, because I mostly just run calibre-debug -g in a shell myself).

----

Thanks for confirming that I apparently fixed it without breaking anything else ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #392
wApdIl
wApdIl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (K5)
Hi! Jailbroke my old Kindle Touch (K5) today, and just installed this plugin. On a new computer, so I actually just installed Calibre today as well. I'm getting errors on pretty much all the Kindle Collections options-- they all seem to be related to "TypeError: cannot use a string pattern on a bytes-like object". Debug log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpn71rkpef.txt (89.9 KB, 34 views)
wApdIl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2020, 06:24 AM   #393
rekishi
rekishi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hello!
I'm not sure whether this is a plugin problems or a Calibre 5 problem, so I'm posting it here for the moment:

I updated yesterday both calibre and the plugin. Today I tried to load some books onto the device and sort them into (existing and new) collections. That didn't work, even after restarting, the files were not sorted into collections but simply appeared outside the collections as if no collection trigger had ever happened. However, the new collections were created, just not filled.

I removed the plugin, re-installed the plugin, same result.

I removed the collections file from the kindle, re-triggered the collections and then everything was borked: only about 100 files were sorted in collections, randomly, the rest was outside of it (it also didn't depend on collection, some where complete, others not).

Finally, I uninstalled calibre 5 and re-installed calibre 4.23. Triggering the collections from there, everything worked, old and new files both.

Unfortunately there is no debug log or error message I could paste for you, this is all happening on the kindle.

I'm almost sure it's because my Kindle is super old (Kindle 4), but sadly I haven't even looked at Phython in so long I couldn't possibly make head or tails of it.

If this is un-restoreable of course I understand and maybe that's the trigger then to get a new ereader finally... But thanks for reading anyway!
rekishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #394
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@rekishi: The full debug log and the actual json dumped in the Kindle's system folder would help, otherwise, my crystal ball is broken.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:50 AM   #395
rekishi

@NiLuJe, hi thanks for getting back so quickly.

I did the whole song and dance again with one sample file and am attaching debug log. Unfortunately the forum won't let me attach the json file as a json file so I had to rename it as a txt.

Attachment 182269
Attachment 182270

Last edited by rekishi; 09-27-2020 at 01:58 PM.
Advert
Old 09-27-2020, 12:46 PM   #396
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@wApdIl: This appeared to be specific to Kindlet handling, and I couldn't actually reproduce it. Next release will include a shot-in-the-dark tweak to maybe help with it nonetheless .
Old 09-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #397
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.7.28, with some more Python 3 fixes.

This should *definitely* fix @rekishi's issues (as in, it's no longer embedding bogus data in the JSON file, which was Not Great).

Might also fix @wApdIl's issue with Kindlets.

And I also fixed Topaz handling, because by chance I happened to test on my actual KCC test device with funky formats in it ;p.

----

NOTE: You will *probably* have to *manually* delete the kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre file at the root of your Kindle in order to fix things. Otherwise, the plugin will keep using cached but broken data .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-27-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #398
rekishi

@NiLuJe
You. Are. Amazing.
(I haven't tried it yet, I will when I get out of my family obligation this evening/tomorrow)

Thanks!!
Old 09-27-2020, 05:17 PM   #399
rekishi

Works perfectly, thank you!!
Old 09-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #400
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yay, thanks for the feedback .
Old 10-01-2020, 03:01 PM   #401
SMNonMR
SMNonMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook, and Android. Oh My!
Hello! I hope this is helpful... The plugin is completely broken for me and my Kindle Keyboard. Any attempt to use it results in a "dictionary size" error. Like so:

dictionary changed size during iteration

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.create_preview ", line 35, in create
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.config", line 123, in init
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.config", line 154, in load_config_table
RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

I don't know what any of this means but I did try with and without the kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre file that was just mentioned. Seems like it breaks on initialization on my system but I'm not really sure.

Thank you for looking into it!
SMNonMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:22 PM   #402
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@SMNonMR:

This should be fixed in 1.7.29, which I've just released, thanks .
Old 10-01-2020, 03:27 PM   #403
SMNonMR
SMNonMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook, and Android. Oh My!
Wonderful! Thank you!!!
SMNonMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:49 AM   #404
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Kindle Collection suggestions for NON jailbroken PW4?

I can't seem to keep my PW4 from updating and so am stuck with the crappy Kindle Colections as they offer it.

Any suggestions on how I can work around it?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:00 AM   #405
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑

Moderator Notice

I assume this should be in the Kindle Collections thread.

I'll move it, but next time you can't be bothered puting something in its rightful place I might do something different….

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-07-2020 at 07:03 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle