Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Smile That's What Kids Are For, LOL!

I think I have just made my kids very happy. You see, their Mom has just officially given them a reason to say, "See, I did know what I was talking about, huh?"

Bought my Nook five days ago and have been doing well on my own. Until today I downloaded a book from FeedBook and when I went to look at it, noticed it was an EXACT 1880 copy (which meant I couldn't read it because the print was so small).

So I needed to delete it. But how???? I had no idea. I was told how delete a book from the B&N library but didn't know about the My Documents section.

In walks my 15 y/o. Needless to say he got a major ego boost by being able to show his Mom how to go about getting into the computer docs, highlighting and then deleting

Hey......what are kids for, LOL!!!

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I've had to call my son for work computers before because the techs didn't know what to do. He managed to talk me through the process of fixing the problem. I gave the tech his number and told them he would show them the solution for a fee. He was about 17 at the time. He is now in college studying computers.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I've had to call my son for work computers before because the techs didn't know what to do. He managed to talk me through the process of fixing the problem. I gave the tech his number and told them he would show them the solution for a fee. He was about 17 at the time. He is now in college studying computers.
my son ended up teaching his 12th grade computer class. the instructor was clueless. currently he works for the FBI in the counter cyber terrorism division
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

kk, my son was eventually forbidden by the school computer 'tech' from running his own anti-virus program or from fixing what the 'tech' said couldn't be fixed. The tech would get so mad when he said a problem would take a week to fix and my son would have the computer back up in a class period. (Being forbidden didn't stop him, just made him sneakier.)
Old 09-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
My one year old daughter likes to bang her hands on the keys of an old laptop I have.
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
GinoXB
Connoisseur
GinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura about

Device: Aluratek Libre
Little kids are handy to have them get nuts and bolts down inside a crevice of a car where you dropped them, by accident of course. You can even hang them upside down by their feet if necessary, of course if they're small enough to do such a thing. Again not that I'm speaking from experience.
GinoXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoXB View Post
You can even hang them upside down by their feet if necessary, of course if they're small enough to do such a thing. Again not that I'm speaking from experience.
I am...hanging them upside down to get the converter from the behind the couch works perfectly!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
mrscoach
Guru

They also come in handy for opening the *ahem* "child-proof" lids on medicine.

My son wasn't even two yet when he opened his first one, and that was quite by accident. We thought the bottle was safe, in a child proof drawer, but he managed to open both, even when the drawer was above his head, and he didn't climb back then.