Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
locomouse
Enthusiast
locomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150
Settings in GEBLib

I've just installed GEBLibrarian so that I could have a better look at how it works. After the install, in the Settings area, there is a box to check that will "allow device to choose bookshelf" (or something like that).

Should I check that box?

All I want to do at this point is to copy/paste an .imp book I've created from where it sits on my PC to a bookshelf within GEBLib so that I can transfer it to my EBW1150.

Not sure how to proceed here. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Helen
locomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
When checked, this feature allows your EBW1150's screen to show the "Bookshelves" i.e. folders within your GEBLibrarian's directory in your computer, thus allowing you to navigate between those bookshelves so as to get to the ebook that you want to transfer.... (breathe)

Then just click that ebook and wait for it to be transferred to your EBW1150's memory (external memory aka SM card, if installed).

Does it work "as advertised" (above) for you?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
locomouse
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
When checked, this feature allows your EBW1150's screen to show the "Bookshelves" i.e. folders within your GEBLibrarian's directory in your computer, thus allowing you to navigate between those bookshelves so as to get to the ebook that you want to transfer.... (breathe)

Then just click that ebook and wait for it to be transferred to your EBW1150's memory (external memory aka SM card, if installed).

Does it work "as advertised" (above) for you?
Yes! It work's aces, Nick... thank you!

I've got 208 pages of Dad's eBook completed... just about 12 more to go. To the tune of approx. 714 Kb.

I was a little worried because of the size of the file. I'd read *somewhere* in this forum that getting stuff onto the eBookwise 1150 using GEBLib was a little iffy around the 1Mb mark. But, so far so good.

As I mentioned before... I ordered another eBookwise for me after seeing how cool they are. Mine arrived yesterday.

The touchscreen on this new one is nowhere near as sensitive as the first one I ordered. As a matter of fact, you pretty much have to stab the thing repeatedly with far more force than I'm comfortable with in order to get it to respond.

Of course, if I hadn't already had one in my hand, I wouldn't have known the difference. But, it is *quite* pronounced.

Makes me wonder, though, if anyone else has owned/used two or more of these readers... do they all have their own 'personalities' in that way?

Also, I spruced up some of Dad's papers with some simple graphics and I notice that they become very light... almost ghost-like when viewed with the reader.

Can I ask you something? In the "Settings" of the eBookwise 1150... there is a place to opt for "Inking Thickness". What exactly does this accomplish? I've tried all three settings and cannot see any difference in the way the text and graphics are displayed.

It's all lots of fun and I'm learning so much as I'm getting this book done.

Thank you very much for all your help, Nick! You're the best!!

Hugs,

Helen
Old 12-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #4
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Both the 1150's I have here are the same with the touch screen, they need a good stabbing. We are very basic users though and just use them for reading, no notes so doesn't effect us.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #5
locomouse
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Both the 1150's I have here are the same with the touch screen, they need a good stabbing. We are very basic users though and just use them for reading, no notes so doesn't effect us.
Many thanks for your reply. It's good to know I'm not the only "stabber" in the bunch...

Helen
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
I've owned two and so far neither has needed much pressure to react to a touch but the newer one seems to have poorer contrast then the first.

I think inking thickness refers to periodicals and may not do anything currently.

Have you tried a screen calibration? I don't know if it will include force or only calibrates position. If you need press really hard it may not take and I don't know what it will do to the calibration.

Hold the bottom page button and turn the reader on, it will say arranging bookshelf and open the bookshelf page.
Tap the upper right icon.
Tap info.
Tap more.
Tap align.
Follow the instructions.

There is another "more" button but be really careful in that menu as you don't want to lose your books or end up needing to re-connect the reader to the eBookwise service. "theater" will make the reader open a specific book and disables the ability to change it. I think it's intended for store displays to keep people from mucking about.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250 Coupe View Post
I think inking thickness refers to periodicals and may not do anything currently.
"Inking thickness" describes what you write with the stylus, whether the lines are skinny or wide.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
locomouse
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250 Coupe View Post
I've owned two and so far neither has needed much pressure to react to a touch but the newer one seems to have poorer contrast then the first.

Have you tried a screen calibration? I don't know if it will include force or only calibrates position. If you need press really hard it may not take and I don't know what it will do to the calibration.

Hold the bottom page button and turn the reader on, it will say arranging bookshelf and open the bookshelf page.
Tap the upper right icon.
Tap info.
Tap more.
Tap align.
Follow the instructions.

There is another "more" button but be really careful in that menu as you don't want to lose your books or end up needing to re-connect the reader to the eBookwise service. "theater" will make the reader open a specific book and disables the ability to change it. I think it's intended for store displays to keep people from mucking about.

Michael
Michael,

Thank you very much for this information. I will try what you suggest and have a go at the screen calibration.

I'm sooo glad you added the caveat re: the "more" button. I surely don't want to mess up the whole process...

Again, many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Helen
Old 12-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
locomouse
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
"Inking thickness" describes what you write with the stylus, whether the lines are skinny or wide.
Well... that makes sense. At least now, it does...

Thank you, Jadon!

Helen
Old 12-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #10
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
(The sound of me smacking my forehead)...

I've been letting my son draw on my 1150 for years and never even noticed that before. It's not a big difference but it does in fact change.

Silly me,

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote