Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
JP23
JP23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How do you actually upload a book here?

Sorry for asking the most basic of basic questions. I hunted around in the Wiki and did a search of the site, but I didn't find an answer to this one.

I have a nice clean Mobi file of a public-domain book that I want to upload. Could someone please explain how I should go about uploading it, or point me to instructions for doing so?

TIA!
JP23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
For Mobi go here...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Click "New Thread"

Select a prefix

Enter...
Author_surname, Author_firstname (or initials): Book_title. Version. Posting Date

In the subject area enter some info about the book, if you did anything special to the file, etc.

Attach the file where it says "Manage Attachments"

Read through this...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11634
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Step 1. Read the guidlelines posted on this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14163

Step 2. Open up this thread for Mobi Books:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128 For

Step 3. Click on New Thread (towards the top).

Step 4. Select Prefix (Drop down list)

Step 5. Enter Title (See posting guidelines.)

Step 6. In the Message block enter information of the book. Short Summary, ect..

Step 7. Scroll down to the Additonal Options section and select Manage Attachments

Step 8. In the Upload File from your Computer section click on Browse. Select your file and then select upload.

Step 9. Preview your post to make sure everything looks right and then post.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
JP23
JP23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you! You guys are the best!
JP23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
how-to, mobi, upload