Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
navy_seabear
navy_seabear began at the beginning.

Device: none
Angry OpenSuSE 12.3 and Huawei P6

Hi there,

I use different ebook reader and now I want to try also my phone (Huawei P6) as reader. Now I have a problem. I would like to transfer books to the phone by calibre, but I get a error:

Quote:
Failed to create folder named Books in (u'SD-Karte',) with error: 2:PTP Layer error 2002: LIBMTP_Create_Folder: Could not send object info.
2:Error 2002: PTP: General Error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 557, in _upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 403, in upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 379, in ensure_parent
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/base.py", line 24, in synchronizer
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/driver.py", line 316, in create_folder
DeviceError: Failed to create folder named Books in (u'SD-Karte',) with error: 2:PTP Layer error 2002: LIBMTP_Create_Folder: Could not send object info.
2:Error 2002: PTP: General Error
How can I fix it? What can I do to get calibre work with OpenSuSE and my phone??

Navy_Seabear
navy_seabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Does OpenSuSE 12.3 deal with MTP devices from the file manager?

Alternate:
Can you set the phone to behave like a disk drive when connected via USB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Your phone must be configured to use MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) or, as theducks says, as a disk drive (MSC). It cannot be configured to use PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol), which from the log is how OpenSuSE and calibre are seeing it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
This XDA thread and this post regarding using MTP devices (Nexus 7 specifically) in KDE on the openSUSE forums might be of some use to you as a starting point; I haven't used Linux with my Android phone before and never tried openSUSE, so I can't vouch if any of the information might apply.
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote