Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #16
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Kindle K3G and DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindlevarazs View Post
Could anyone send a screenshot of this emulator?
Sure, here are screenshots from K3G and DXG:

dpavlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #17
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
@dpavlin Nice. How did you take the screen shots? shift-alt-g only work in the framework... and these key presses are intercepted within the terminal window! Curious.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #18
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

cat /dev/fb0 > file.fb0 ; fb2pgm.pl file.fb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
@dpavlin Nice. How did you take the screen shots? shift-alt-g only work in the framework... and these key presses are intercepted within the terminal window! Curious.
I dumped framebuffer directly to file and then decoded it to using tools I wrote while experimenting with e-ink display: https://github.com/dpavlin/k3libre
Old 11-15-2011, 04:44 AM   #19
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
DX and DXG keydefs.ini problems

keydefs.ini works great on my 3G.

I had previously changed my keydefs.ini codes to the ones used on the DX and DXG. Some keys work, but some do not.

My Aa Ctrl-key does not work in myts-6 on my DX or DXG. The Prev and Next (Right> and Right<) do not do PgUp or PgDn either. I also tried using other keys as Ctrl (Select, Sym) but still no Ctrl-keys...

I also tried the exact changes suggested by dpalvin, but exactly the same results.

I used waitforkey to find the keycodes.

dpavin: do all your DX keys work right on your DX?

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-07-2012 at 07:45 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #20
dpavlin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
keydefs.ini works great on my 3G.
I also tried the exact changes suggested by dpalvin, but exactly the same results.

I uses waitforkey to find the keycodes.

dpavin: do all you DX keys work right on your DX?
All keys work for me, both on K3G and DXG. Does waitforkey return sane values which match keydefs.ini?

Other than that, I found out that it's important to insert my modification last in keydefs.ini because later definitions will overwrite my change. In my first iteration of keydefs.ini modification I inserted them throughout the file and I had similar semi-working issues you describe.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #21
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
@dpavlin
Thanks for your perl programs, I put them to good use in this other post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #22
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpavlin View Post
All keys work for me, both on K3G and DXG. Does waitforkey return sane values which match keydefs.ini?

Other than that, I found out that it's important to insert my modification last in keydefs.ini because later definitions will overwrite my change. In my first iteration of keydefs.ini modification I inserted them throughout the file and I had similar semi-working issues you describe.
@dpalvin:

My waitforkey values are all correct for both the DX and DXG. I had originally left the original 3G keydefs in the file with a semi-colon at beginning of line to comment them out, after I copied them and changed keycodes to DX values. Now I started fresh and did exactly what you did. It works now on my 2.5.8 DX with NiLuje jailbreak / usbnet / launchpad / myts-6.

It still does NOT work right on my 2.5.8 DXG, which also has the screensavers hack and Alex's keybru (Russian Alt-Sym keys). I cannot create Ctrl characters (e.g. Ctrl-C break), and the page up and down buttons do not work. Perhaps the keybru hack is interfering with myts-6 keydefs? Or perhaps the key defs in the launchpad folder may also need updating for the DXG.

P.S. Thanks for the simple eInk framebuffer examples.

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-16-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #23
geekmaster

I uninstalled screensavers and keybru, so my DXG has the same hacks as the DX. The "missing keys" problem is still present.

I verified that keycodes reported by waitforkey are correct, and the DXG has the same myts keydefs.ini file as the DX.

*Something* must be different between the DX and DXG. I suppose I need to factory reset and reinstall everything ;-(
Old 11-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #24
geekmaster

Oops... never mind!

During earlier experiments, I had editted the DXG myts.ini file and remapped some of the Term keys. The remapped versions work now too.

After copying the backup file onto the myts.ini, it works "more better" now... :-)

Problem solved!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #25
geekmaster

I see now that although there is a keybru install for DX and DXG, Sir Alex says in the forum that DX is not supported. Perhaps it is looking for the wrong keycode for the Sym key. And no source code to fix it for the DX (that I can find)... ;-(

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-16-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #26
Luffier
Luffier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi! I'm trying to use the dumbfrotz port of kacaj (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=126768) but when I use "./dumbfrotz" it returns: "Permission denied". What am I doing wrong?
Luffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #27
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
This is really great, helped me a lot.

But I have one question, how do I change to a bigger font?
I hardly can read anything.
I tried changing the font values in the ini file (from 16/8 to 32/16), but it just stopped the terminal from working...
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:26 AM   #28
Drift3r
Drift3r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard 3g
Cool staff!

now I miss mc, man and chromium-browser!

how do I install them?
Drift3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #29
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
This is really great, helped me a lot.

But I have one question, how do I change to a bigger font?
I hardly can read anything.
I tried changing the font values in the ini file (from 16/8 to 32/16), but it just stopped the terminal from working...
Currently the character width is limited to 8 pixels. The function drawing the characters do not really have this limit, so the issue is only with the font reading function. I intend to fix it sometime, but it is not high in my priority, so patches are welcome.

Note also that you have to provide a font with the desired width and height. The hex format is not standard but the source code includes a bdf2hex script to convert bdf to hex.
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #30
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift3r View Post
Cool staff!

now I miss mc, man and chromium-browser!

how do I install them?
I can help you with installing Midnight Commander.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote