Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 12:58 AM   #1
irishtexmex
Enthusiast
irishtexmex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voygae (Old: B&N Nook ST)
Post Sub-forum for LendMe Book Sharing?

I feel that the LendMe feature of the Nook is a celebrated, yet completely underused feature of the device. Mobileread is the largest forum I've found for ereader enthusiasts, and I feel that when acting together we could compile quite a library of books.

There could be two subforums, one for books that you have that are Lendable and one for books that you are looking to borrow--OR--There could be a Request only forum and people would respond if they have the book. Once a book has been lent out, you let the person know and have a mod delete the thread/change the subject/let it drift into oblivion/etc.

I'm sure that people would be on board for this, yes?
irishtexmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
Khai
Enthusiast
Khai began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Suggested already~ I don't know whether the mods saw the other thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82041
Khai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I have suggested a couple of sticky's as well but were ignored.

I think the Lend Me sticky would be great.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
ajamudc
ajamudc began at the beginning.

This sounds like an excellent idea. Hopefully, we can get it started.
ajamudc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I would say every report this post and in the message request it to be a sticky
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
Is there some reason to do this separate from BooksForNooks?

It seems to me that one big clearing-house site is better than a bunch of small ones.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #7
Khai
Enthusiast
Khai began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pardee View Post
Is there some reason to do this separate from BooksForNooks?

It seems to me that one big clearing-house site is better than a bunch of small ones.
I wasn't aware of the existence of that site.. regardless, in my opinion, MR would be a better platform for the LendMe sharing, mainly because of its larger community..
Khai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #8
irishtexmex
Enthusiast
irishtexmex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voygae (Old: B&N Nook ST)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khai View Post
I wasn't aware of the existence of that site.. regardless, in my opinion, MR would be a better platform for the LendMe sharing, mainly because of its larger community..
Nor I. Thank you for the heads up. I will be linking anyone who asks me something similar to there from now on.
irishtexmex is offline   Reply With Quote