Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Lloyd
Lloyd began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Transfering/copying files from Adobe Digital editions to eBook Library

Evening fellow ereaders! I have a problem that most of you will probably ba able to solve very quickly (and laugh at too)!

I recently purchased a number of new ebooks from a very well known book retailer (online) here in the UK. Before I could download them it prompted me to update my Adobe Digital Editions to 7.1. I did this and then went on to downlaod my new ebooks. They are all now sitting in the ADE program, but I cannot get them to transfer to my eBook Library and so cannot install them on my 505...? In the 'help' section it says that when I installed the new ADE version it prompted me to authorise, but it never did..? When I have gone into 'Authorise Computer' via the 'Library' menu in the ADE program it is giving me an email address for my partner - not mine! How do I change this as there is no menu button to do this??/

Cheers!
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
With ADE running and reader connected, press Ctrl+Shift+E. If your reader is authorized, this will de-authorize it.

Then disconnect the reader, shut down ADE; next reconnect the reader and launch ADE. YOu should be prompted to authorize.

Now you can shut down ADE again, Launch Sony Library, and use the Book Import menu item to add the ADE titles to your library. You can also use ADE to drag the titles to the Sony (the reader will be seen as PRS505 in the left window pane of ADE).

Hope that helps.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I had ADE authorized with my Sony prior to 1.7.1 and when I updated to 1.7.1, I was still authorized just fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote