Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #1
Kurgan
Kurgan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle E-Reader 8th gen
[Kindle] Saving Book Pages Help

something recently changed/happened with Calibre. Any AZW or AZW3 books I send to my Kindle e-reader (8th gen) won't remember which page I left off on when i switch books inside the Kindle. It typically restarts at the very first page or the last. Any possible suggestions/fixes? The Amazon digitals are fine.
Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far a I know nothing has changed in calibres kIndle driver (apart from an increase in the thumbnail size) or the calibre mobi/azw3 output plugins in a very long time. Try resetting your Kindle.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #3
Kurgan
Kurgan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle E-Reader 8th gen
Actually I did that, before this I had a 7th gen and it suddenly started doing this and so i thought the device was defective. Recently got an 8th gen, same thing. So, it's something to do with docs sent to the device. very strange. I'll try a mobi format one instead. Is there a difference between emailing your kindle and send to device in how the docs/books react inside Kindle?
Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes, when you email amazon reformats the book.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote