Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 01:11 AM   #91
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Is there a reason why this plugin won't work on books that are not epubs?

I can't get my MOBI or AZW3 files to show up. Epubs are fine though...
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:50 AM   #92
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Is there a reason why this plugin won't work on books that are not epubs?

I can't get my MOBI or AZW3 files to show up. Epubs are fine though...
Not really, I use it with my mobi ebooks. Do you have the last version? Because the previous ones had problems because of an internal extension change. And, have you installed the apprentice alf plugin?

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 02-06-2017 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Added a question
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2017, 04:37 PM   #93
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Have you submitted the problem via Calibre Bug Database ?
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #94
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, checking the other problem with mobi/azw, I think I've found the problem (the plugin was silently crashing and I hadn't seen it). I think I'll add the new version with the two faults (that I don't know how they hadn't happened to me before ) tomorrow night.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:30 PM   #95
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
the long, crashing, road to perfection....
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2017, 02:39 AM   #96
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Chillem View Post
the long, crashing, road to perfection....
No, the problem was forgetting "If it works, don't touch" and trying to beautify the code
Old 02-14-2017, 02:44 AM   #97
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I've uploaded a new version (0.0.11) that, hopefully, corrects the problems with some file types, and it treats all kind of file types (it requires calibre 2.79).
Old 02-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #98
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,
I like this plugin very much, it fills a gap in my needs.

I am running in some difficulties using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Some weeks ago, i started to import epubs in a bulk. I recognized, adding books with the options "add from a single directory" does not work always. Some books did not get a filename. Changing the strategy to "automatic adding" and it works perfect.

Since yesterdays i am not able to use this workaround. Pushing 3700 files to the automatic directory, leads to an
[Errno 24] Too many open files

see:
Bug #1664978 “[Errno 24] Too many open files / automatic adding...” : Bugs : calibre
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1664978

So i tried it again with (Version 0.0.11), using "add from a single directory".
But the result was, 20% of the books (all epub) has no filename.

This is the same result I recognized a few weeks ago, this drops to 0%, using automatic adding - which i can not use any more.

Any idea for a solution?
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:00 PM   #99
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

For knowing which the problem is, I would need a debug log of a session with failed files. Unless I have that, I can do nothing.

BTW, I ALWAYS use the option: "Add from a single directory", and it doesn't fail, so, unless the problem is the big number of books, I'll need more info.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 02-15-2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Adding info.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:13 PM   #100
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there any chance we can select the type of date of file?

Using the modified date doesn't work for files that are coming out of zips or RARS.

The created date works better for that.

I tried to have the created date be the only one showing, but the plugin still only delivers the modified date
Old 02-15-2017, 03:20 PM   #101
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Is there any chance we can select the type of date of file?

Using the modified date doesn't work for files that are coming out of zips or RARS.

The created date works better for that.

I tried to have the created date be the only one showing, but the plugin still only delivers the modified date
No, sorry. The created date is a concept that it is not the same in all the SOs, so I'm not going there.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #102
Rellwood

Sigh.
Regarding Mobi/AZW3 files, I updated apprentice alf.

I also discovered that the custom columns when named "original_file_path" and "original_file_name" become non-user specified.
Is that a part of the plugin, because it seems that as soon as I made these columns they worked perfectly.
Perhaps this is a reason why others have hit/miss results.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #103
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I also discovered that the custom columns when named "original_file_path" and "original_file_name" become non-user specified.
I don't understand you question, sorry. What does "non-user" specified means?
Old 02-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #104
Rellwood

I cant remember the exact term, but its when Calibre decides that the column is not able to be changed or modified by the user.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #105
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I cant remember the exact term, but its when Calibre decides that the column is not able to be changed or modified by the user.
Are you saying that, if you give the column the name "original_file_path" or "original_file_name", then they are not custom column anymore? No, I didn't know, I've never used a so long name. Anyway, I don't understand why calibre doesn't allow to store data there.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 02-15-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin