Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
glitch44
glitch44 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: no reader yet
hi from los angeles

Hey, I'm new here from Los Angeles. I don't have an ebook reader yet, just came here to get advice on which one to get. Thank you for hosting the forums.
glitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome aboard! Just decide what you can $pend, what you can't live without, and dive in. My deal-maker was it had to be backlit to read at night.

To what sort of uses will you putting your reader? That will probably help you decide what to buy.

DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello glitch44, I ended up buying both the Kindle and the Sony 505, could never choose just either one
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi glitch44 and welcome to the Forum. I've got a 505 and like it a lot. But have had my hands on a Kindle and that has nice features as well.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindle user down the road in Long Beach. Welcome to the partay!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings glitch44, welcome to the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
glitch44

thanks for all the warm hellos, everyone. at first i thought i'd be a sony 505 user, but I realized a lot of the content I read is in the form of PDFs, so I'm leaning towards an iRex iLliad after Yokos showed me how well it does with scanned PDFs.

thanks again for the great forum.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I love my Kindle. Really love it.

Where are you in LA? I lived there for a zillion years. Still miss it.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
glitch44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I love my Kindle. Really love it.

Where are you in LA? I lived there for a zillion years. Still miss it.
The Brentwood-ish area, near Santa Monica. It's funny because I saw your "trapped in Texas" tag and I'd probably go with "trapped in LA" for mine-- traffic, smog, and all that.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch44 View Post
The Brentwood-ish area, near Santa Monica. It's funny because I saw your "trapped in Texas" tag and I'd probably go with "trapped in LA" for mine-- traffic, smog, and all that.
Eh .... the traffic and smog were awful when I lived there too ... but I still loved it. I lived in Westwood for about ten years, then Silverlake for about a year, and then Glendale for another 6 or so years. During that time I always lived really close to work, or I worked really odd hours, so the commute was never a problem. I ended up moving because I didn't want to make the commute into downtown LA during "regular" business hours ... and I wasn't keen on living in the heart of downtown (which may have improved .. but which really sucked when I was there).

My whole "Trapped in Texas" saga is somewhere in the Vent and Rant thread. I just happened to pick a place in Texas where you are expected to give up all your rights under the U.S. Constitution immediately upon moving here. But .... no one tells you that before you sink all your money into a humongous house. (bitch, moan, whine ....)
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote