Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #16
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There probably won't be anything noticeable on the Touch or the Mini.
I am hoping for the library view without images.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #17
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by justywusty View Post
pics of 2.8.1
Thanks for the pics, that new keyboard looks good.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
so is the top margin in epubs gone or still as big as in 2.6.1?
It is now slightly bigger than the minimum margin on the sides.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I am hoping for the library view without images.
Unfortunately, it isn't an option on the Touch or Mini. The new interface is only on the Glo and Aura HD. These do have a text only list, but all it does is remove the covers. You don't get more books per screen.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #20
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, David. I just tried to set it in the configuration file, of course, without effect.
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #21
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
Has anyone got it for Touch? I tried both yesterday and this morning and nothing yet.
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #22
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_bear View Post
Has anyone got it for Touch? I tried both yesterday and this morning and nothing yet.

See davidfor's post . . 2 above yours
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Kobo release firmware updates slowly. The release is by partners or something like that. They start with a couple of the small ones and then expand. And I think they start with Canadian partners. It could be a week or more before the rest of us see the update.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #24
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
Quote:
Kobo release firmware updates slowly. The release is by partners or something like that. They start with a couple of the small ones and then expand. And I think they start with Canadian partners. It could be a week or more before the rest of us see the update.
It's ridiculous that they can't just provide a download link. Kobo needs to step up their game. Impatiently awaiting this, as all the fonts I like to use have that cursed italics bug. Hopefully someone will capture it soon and post it in the developers section.
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #25
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
Quote:
Thank you davidfor. I know that, but in the past I got the updates almost immediately after release. I think I got spoiled . Time to learn to be patient
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #26
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Thank you davidfor. I know that, but in the past I got the updates almost immediately after release. I think I got spoiled . Time to learn to be patient
I suspect that they changed how updates were distributed a few months back, after many users were having trouble downloading them.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #27
justywusty
Enthusiast
justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
so is the top margin in epubs gone or still as big as in 2.6.1?
still the same

whoooooo caresssssssssssssss. just read.
justywusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #28
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by justywusty View Post
pics of 2.8.1
seems nice.
There's one thing I don't understand: there is the option to hide the covers from the list view, but always 5 entries each screen. If hiding covers don't allow to stuff 7-8 entries in a screen it's not useless?
Like the Home icon in the home screen, silly GUI design.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #29
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
There's one thing I don't understand: there is the option to hide the covers from the list view, but always 5 entries each screen. If hiding covers don't allow to stuff 7-8 entries in a screen it's not useless?
Maybe you can see more text of long book titles, before they fade out with "..." Maybe paging through the library is quicker.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #30
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Slow updates limits damage if the impossible happens and a bug is found in the update.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote