Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2013, 02:02 AM   #1456
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
Temporally hack for Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.5 (only) with "English (United Kingdom)" interface:
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_535.zip

- The changed size of a font at reading books mobi (Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)
- The changed size of a font at reading books kf8/azw3 (HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The changed size of a font in the panel of search (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The switched on reflow-mode for pdf-documents (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The changed margins at reading books mobi and kf8 (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The reduced margins for pdf-documents (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The reduced height of the bottom progressbar (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar).

More details in a Readme_eng.txt file...

PS: Fonthack for 5.3.4 and 5.3.6 firmware.
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_534.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_536.zip

Could you make this fonts & margins hack use editable (plaintext) preferences file, like the Enhanced fontfix for K3/K4 ?
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #1457
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Unfortunately not.
For К4 ihor edited a java-code manually.
For PW it's much more difficult...
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #1458
OzzyKindle
OzzyKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi kaznelson

By "English (United Kingdom)" interface, do you mean a PW set to GB english, or is there something I am missing (I am in Australia and bought the PW from Amazon US)

Thanks
OzzyKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #1459
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Yes, you have to set "Settings" -> "Device Options" -> "Language and Dictionaries" -> "Language" of your device to "English (United Kingdom)".
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:48 AM   #1460
scarface
scarface began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Can I use the KBpatch with Kindle PW 5.3.6 ??
scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #1461
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface View Post
Can I use the KBpatch with Kindle PW 5.3.6 ??
Not yet, maybe never.
You may have to "upgrade" to a less recent Amazon firmware.

OR,
Note that ixtab mentioned he was going to wait for 5.3.7 to be released and wait for those things to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Anyway, the only new additions from my side would be porting CM and JBPatch to newer FW versions. I started with CM, but after seeing what a piece of crap 5.3.6 is, I'll wait for 5.3.7 before considering JBPatch.

Last edited by knc1; 07-16-2013 at 08:43 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #1462
Redvis
Redvis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi,
I have JBPatch ver. 3.1 on my KT 5.1, but I want to remove it. Where can I download uninstalling bin for it?
Redvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #1463
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redvis View Post
Hi,
I have JBPatch ver. 3.1 on my KT 5.1, but I want to remove it. Where can I download uninstalling bin for it?
From the first post of this thread. The uninstaller works for all previous versions, too.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #1464
Redvis
Redvis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for quick answer
Redvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #1465
heiko33
heiko33 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
in order to update my kindle 4t from 5.1.2 to 5.3.2.1 i need to uninstall jbpatch 2.1.1 or else it wont update.

but i have lost the uninstall.bin and cant seem to find it on this site or via google.

thx in advance!
heiko33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #1466
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiko33 View Post
in order to update my kindle 4t from 5.1.2 to 5.3.2.1 i need to uninstall jbpatch 2.1.1 or else it wont update.

but i have lost the uninstall.bin and cant seem to find it on this site or via google.

thx in advance!
Scroll up, answer is two posts above your question.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #1467
heiko33
heiko33 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
does not work for me

"unsupported init.xargs, bailing out" (error code 006)

edit: my fault, i was using the wrong version.

thx for your help!

Last edited by heiko33; 07-20-2013 at 08:23 AM.
heiko33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #1468
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Has anyone tried JBPatch in KT 5.3.7?
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #1469
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
Has anyone tried JBPatch in KT 5.3.7?
Not yet.
Go for it and give us your report back.

Don't expect too much, coding JBpatch for each firmware release is a major effort and you should not be expecting support on the first day of a new firmware release (and you have been a member here long enough to know that yourself, although other readers may not).

Oh, boy, lab126 still can't count. 5.3.6 == Kpw, 5.3.7 == KT

Last edited by knc1; 07-23-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #1470
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
.... actually, I'm leaning towards a "don't expect support for new firmwares at all".

I've posted the reasons multiple times, and seeing how each new firmware is causing more problems than it solves... it's just not worth the effort.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks