Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
bingo619
bingo619 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Koreader doesn't respond touch on Oasis

Installed Koreader on my jailbroken Oasis, it opens pdf ok, but it is not responding my touch, anyone has a clue?
bingo619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@bingo619: The touchscreen, or the page turn buttons?

How are you launching KOReader? Are you running the latest nightly/ota?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
bingo619

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@bingo619: The touchscreen, or the page turn buttons?

How are you launching KOReader? Are you running the latest nightly/ota?

Thanks for the reply. Neither touchscreen nor buttons works.

I have both kpv and KUAL installed. And yes, latest nightly.

Also, i was following instructions http://lifehacker.com/how-to-jailbre...dle-1783864074

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:11 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@bingo619: And does it happen both when launched through KUAL or KPVBooklet, or only through KUAL?

('cuz it definitely should work with KPV, the touchscreen that is. Buttons are another kettle of fish).

What are the first 6 characters of your device's S/N?
Old 07-22-2016, 07:22 PM   #5
bingo619

Quote:
@bingo619: And does it happen both when launched through KUAL or KPVBooklet, or only through KUAL?

('cuz it definitely should work with KPV, the touchscreen that is. Buttons are another kettle of fish).

@NiLiJe both didn't work.

They are G0B0 GD09

And it is a 3g model.

I will try to do the whole process again and see if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2016, 11:28 PM   #6
bingo619

@NiLuJe Still the same, i am running 5.8.1.0.1, is that a problem?

Old 07-23-2016, 12:16 AM   #7
bingo619

Tried factory firmware 5.7.4, same problem. Can't touch anything as soon as i went into file manager. I have to hold the power button to restart the device to get out.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:38 AM   #8
bingo619

Quote:

@NiluJe. Created an issue on github, please let me know if you want me to do anything.

Thanks.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:12 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bingo619: I was going to ask you to open a GH issue, so, yeah, definitely a good idea .

In the meantime, the only vague idea of what might be wrong is the 3G models being special snowflakes... So, let's try to figure that out:

* Restart your device
* Oncez it has rebooted and settled down, enter ;dm in the Homescreean's searchbar (you should be familiar with the trick by now ;p).

Send me via PM the *system*log file that'll dump in the documents folder .
Old 07-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #10
bingo619

Quote:
@bingo619: I was going to ask you to open a GH issue, so, yeah, definitely a good idea .

In the meantime, the only vague idea of what might be wrong is the 3G models being special snowflakes... So, let's try to figure that out:

* Restart your device
* Oncez it has rebooted and settled down, enter ;dm in the Homescreean's searchbar (you should be familiar with the trick by now ;p).

Send me via PM the *system*log file that'll dump in the documents folder .
PM sent.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:54 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bingo619:

Thanks!

Indeed, my hunch was correct, it's not in the same event slot on the 3G models (event3 -> event4)...

Yay -_-".

I'll fix it as soon as I get back to my main dev box .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-24-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:28 PM   #12
bingo619

Quote:
@bingo619:

Thanks!

Indeed, my hunch was correct, it's not in the same event slot on the 3G models (event3 -> event4)...

Yay -_-".

I'll fix it as soon as I get back to my main dev box .

Thanks a lot. All good now.

Tags
oareader, oasis