Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
mls66
mls66 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader
refurbished cooler

hello everybody,

I've been a long time reader of this forum, and have benefited a lot from other users' past experience. I have (or had) my second e-book reader, a cooler (after having used a Sony 500 until I couldn't charge it beyond three pages worth of charge). I was very happy with the cooler's light weight and, initially, the company's service. They sent me the wrong colour, and the right colour was delivered within days.

I'm hoping some of you can give me advice on how to act in getting a response and a refurbished cooler (as promised) from Interead.

Pretty soon my cooler was experiencing battery problems, and I decided the way to fix it might be to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. After all, the battery is supposed to be user replaceable. Well, it isn't. I broke the connection in the process. Luckily, it would still work kept in place with a little piece of paper. Things went wrong after the first firmware update, when it only showed grey bands across the screen.

I contacted Interead, who were reluctant to address the problem. After I sent pictures, they advised me to send it to their repair shop. After that, I've only been put off and, in a way, cheated. They would not send me a new unit, claiming that it had been my own fault it broke. I disagreed, and then they promised me a refurbished one, which they told me would arrive shortly after March 11 "Your COOL-ER will dispatch early next week"-- we even discussed the colour. Since then, I've had no communication from them unless I've asked for it, and since that March message nothing but excuses for delays. The last message from them was on April 9, promising me a date by "Tuesday".

I have RSI, I can only type using speech recognition, and an ebook reader is a great tool for me to be able to read heavy books and even newspapers. Interead don't know this, but it shouldn't really matter, as far as I'm concerned.

Any suggestions welcome!
Maaike
mls66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:01 AM   #2
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
Hi Maaike,

How disappointing for you - and worrying for all of us who have Cool-er's.

I am on my third one - the first two worked fine for 2 months and then developed irrepairable faults. Thankfully, I had bought mine from Argos in the UK and they have been replaced under the guarantee.

I am concerned about the lack of response from Interead. When I had difficulties with my first cool-er, I emailed their support group. I got a reasonably quick reply, but they would not accept any responsibility under guarantee, and just advised me to go back to Argos.

After my problems with the second, I emailed again - asking for some sort of reassurance that they were going to accept responsibility for quality and performance problems, and they never replied.

Since your cool-er has not been fit for the purpose it was sold for, you must have EU consumer rights! Although it's a hassle, it would be good for you to pursue this in small claims court - and it would be good for all of us cool-er owners who may also experience similar problems. Be sure to keep copies of all emails , document the phone calls etc.

Please let us know how it all works out!

regards,
Pamela
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
support

Yeah that is not a good sign. Cool-ers are more stable these days but when they first came out there was alot of problems.

It sounds like you got two different support people, some people are better at customers service than others.

I am glad you are able to get a ebook device and that it will be helpful to you!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
Deividas
Deividas began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
I broke my COOL-ER screen and send it to Interead together with 100USD check. Already 8 weeks and nothing happens. They even sopped responding to my emails...
Does anybody else have problems with COOL-ER support?
Deividas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
This seems to be a repeated concern.

Has anyone tried writing to the customer service department?

Or raising a small claims court case?
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #6
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deividas View Post
I broke my COOL-ER screen and send it to Interead together with 100USD check. Already 8 weeks and nothing happens. They even sopped responding to my emails...
Does anybody else have problems with COOL-ER support?
I would put a stop payment on the check, which I believe you can do? I would also try a 1-800 number if they have one, I am not sure if they do. I think they have offices in the US, as well as their main ones in the UK.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote