Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
the7gerbers
Connoisseur
the7gerbers doesn't litterthe7gerbers doesn't litterthe7gerbers doesn't litter

Device: Kindles (Fire HD, Fire, Paperwhite) iPhone
Can anyone suggest a hard case for the eBw 1150?

I'd really like to have a case that gave it plenty of protection in my bag, something with a hard shell. Any ideas?

Or...do you think it is durable enough to withstand the inevitable bumps inside a book or tote bag?

Thanks for your wisdom!

~Andrea
the7gerbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
after much searching i finally found a cigar box which was just the right size (*just* ; if the ebookwise were 1mm larger it wouldn't fit), and i added some foam to the inside for extra protection.

i use this for carrying it around sometimes just to be sure, because i am a bit paranoid ; however, i think that the ebookwise is sturdy enough that if you make sure to protect the screen (like by placing it against a notebook or something) and don't hurl your bag to the ground and jump up and down on it it's probably okay. however i would be careful to protect the screen ; that is the most vulnerable part, i think.

if you *do* find a hard case which is better than a cigar case i think i'd be interested.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Wanna know what worked like a charm for me? I cut a piece of cardboard and slid it down into the pouch to protect the screen.

However, I dropped it (always at home onto carpet) several nerve rattling times, and it was always fine. It's a little workhorse that can take quite a bit of punishment.

For example, once I had it lying on my desk when the boss wandered over. He tossed a bunch of papers over it, then LEANED on it! I screamed, he jumped, but the EBW1150 didn't even burp.

It's the glass in the e-ink screens that makes them more fragile than the EBW1150.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
For example, once I had it lying on my desk when the boss wandered over. He tossed a bunch of papers over it, then LEANED on it! I screamed, he jumped, but the EBW1150 didn't even burp.

see, that is precisely why i make a point of always setting mine down with the screen facing down. (did i mention i'm paranoid ?)

i'm glad to hear there was no damage done though. you must have been so relieved !

the cardboard-in-pouch trick is a good idea and you could even take it further with something harder than cardboard, maybe.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I had sent this posting, to ZP last Fall when she travelled to Canada, about a "hard" carrying case for the EBW1150 in the EBW-GEB1150 Yahoo Group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EBW-GEB1150/
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: [EBW-GEB1150] Ok i have read my first book....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Robert Thompson <pipi2221@comcast.net> aka pipi1usa (Wed Sep 3, 2008 1:21 am)

I have some of the old Rocket hard leather case's (new) with a carry
handle. The ebook just fits, there are two pockets that you could slip
something thin into but not much.
I sell them for $10.00 + s/h.

pipi.

Reply:
Frank MacKay <capt_ahab1@yahoo.com> aka capt_ahab1 (Sat Sep 6, 2008 9:04 pm)

The best thing I ever came across for my 1150 is a green nylon case made by "Totes Explorer".
It was a case for something else but I just happened to find it in a junk store. Padded,
with velcro top flap and a waistbelt but the charger won't fit in. Look around in second
hand stores, you're sure to find something ideal.
I guess you couldn't find anything better than the cigar box?

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-13-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: OK it's Friday and ZP is quicker than my thinking skills :)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
ZP, remember this posting about a "hard" carrying case for the EBW1150 in the EBW-GEB1150 Yahoo Group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EBW-GEB1150/
oh right, i had forgotten about that !

Quote:
What did you end up using as a protective case for the EBW1150 when you travelled to Canada last Fall?
the cigar box. cutting edge ultra high tech, yo.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #7
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
case?

I have to say I don't bother to use a case with mine. I am obviously abusing my little eb 1150.

I regularly throw the thing on the couch from my desk and carry it around in my purse.

As of yet? My reader still works fine.

I have to say it seems like a rather sturdy machine. The cardboard idea seems like a good one to help protect the screen.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:49 PM   #8
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
I like the carrying case they provide when you buy it, but I do wish it had a strap. The device is just a little too big to slip in my pocket when I'm sneaking down the hall to the ladies'. ;-)
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #9
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Thought I'd update this to mention, I just ordered an item called "The Pouch" from this website: http://www.thepouch.com/ebookwise-1150.html

I couldn't tell from the description if it had a strap so I emailed, and got a quick and friendly response from Robert Luningham, who told me to just request the strap when I ordered. I did so and am looking forward to receiving my pouch in a few days! Will let you know if it works out for me. :-)
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote