Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
monkeywithscisso
monkeywithscisso began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Image and text- images lost in conversion

Hello, everyone! It's great that this forum exist and is so active and helpful. I have a prs505 and am attempting to use it not only for reading for pleasure, but also as an aid at my job. I create my own documents, which include pictures, to summarize different procedures I might need a refresher on while at my job site.
It seems simple, but I haven't been able to figure out how to create my own documents with images that will convert to the ebook with the pictures still viewable. Is this just not possible so far, or am I missing something obvious?
I've played around with are Calibre, which is great for everything else I've tried. I have works and wordpad on my pc right now, but would try any suggestions (preferably freeware or shareware).
Thanks in advance for any words of advice! Calibre rocks!
monkeywithscisso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
And you are trying to read your created documents in the 505 in what format?
Lfr, ePub, PDF, other?
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What format are you creating the documents in?

In my experience HTML seems to have the best success ratio for handling images correctly, converted to either LRF or EPUB.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
monkeywithscisso
monkeywithscisso began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post

In my experience HTML seems to have the best success ratio for handling images correctly, converted to either LRF or EPUB.
If you could give me a run down on how to convert html to lrf, with an explanation on including images, that would be awesome. I've tried creating html with Evrsoft, and converting it to lrf with html2lrf in my command prompt thingy (sense my tech level? haha), but nothing I've figured out has allowed images and text in a document which can then be readable on my 505. Thanks for the responses!
monkeywithscisso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converting, image, rtf, text