Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
As I have been wandering through the different ebook readers available and posting in the message area for them, I came across Megareader. Unlike others that are free, this one you do pay for and before I pay to download it, I wonder if it has any of my requirements implemented already.

1. The ability to sort ebooks in the order that I load them into the program and keep them that way along with the chance to sort in ascending or descending order.

2. The book needs to be marked as READ after I have finished the book.

Any chance that those features already exist in the program?? if so, I would happily pay to try out the program in my search for a good ebook reader for my iPhone
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
1. The ability to sort ebooks in the order that I load them into the program and keep them that way along with the chance to sort in ascending or descending order.
There's an option to sort books by most recently accessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
2. The book needs to be marked as READ after I have finished the book.
Nope. MegaReader doesn't do this yet.

Seriously, I think its biggest shortcoming is the lack of basic formatting. I can understand ignoring complex CSS rules but to not even support bold or italic?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #18
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately just being able to sort by most recently accessed doesn't always work. I don't want the book I'm reading to be moved to the top of the list. I want all of my books to stay in the order in which I load them onto the device.

It's frustrating trying to find a reader that does what I want.

So far, I've used Stanza several years ago when I bought my iPod Touch and again now that I have my first iPhone. Unfortunately, it's not supported any more. I'm trying out iBooks, Bluefire and Apabi. So far, Apabi is the only one that will sort books like I want and I'm able to see how far I have read into the book and when the book is completed. It still has some things I would like to suggest to it but, so far, it does seem to be anice program.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bluefire is going to have an update in July or August that will have better library functions such as collections.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #20
Shykat
Groupie

I do remember reading that there was an update coming out within the next few months. Sure hope that some of the things I am wanting will be in there. Collections isn't exactly one of them as I really just want my ebooks to stay in the order that I load them onto the device.

I love how easy it is to get ebooks from Calibre into Stanza but have yet to see that in any of the other programs. Using SugarSync works well for me right now, though.
Advert
Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I find it really interesting that Megareader barely gets a mention here anymore.

Patrick has released twice in the last month or so, once to add sideloading and once to satisfy those of us who hated the LONG books listing by enabling grouping by author. We already had the ability to add our own sources.

He's been working really hard on it, and I think that it deserves a second look from those who dismissed it before, as I did. Its well ahead of Bluefire in terms of "lets get some Stanza features in there".
Megareader gets no love because it displays eBook poorly. That's all there is too it.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:35 AM   #22
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Megareader gets no love because it displays eBook poorly. That's all there is too it.
Did you forget we already had this conversation on page 1?

Go to uservoice and put your vote in for the formatting. All of mine have gone to that.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Did you forget we already had this conversation on page 1?

Go to uservoice and put your vote in for the formatting. All of mine have gone to that.
Actually, I have a better solution. That is to wait for Bluefire to get it coming features for keeping your books in order.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #24
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Actually, I have a better solution. That is to wait for Bluefire to get it coming features for keeping your books in order.
LOL you do love Bluefire, don't you.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #25
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3 64Gb Black
Just got my New 64Gb iPad so I'm willing to try any Apps (tried 45 Sudoku Apps so far) BUT

To pay to try something? Bit rude

I know! The author may need the revenue but, pay to try the App when there are so many free ones as good or better?

louwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
LOL you do love Bluefire, don't you.
Yep. Because the eBooks I have in ePub just work with it. Plus, it doesn't have this really asinine forced margins that iBooks has.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:17 AM   #27
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Yep. Because the eBooks I have in ePub just work with it. Plus, it doesn't have this really asinine forced margins that iBooks has.
I HATE the forced margins. Its not so bad on the iPad, but on the iphone? ARGGGHHHHHHHHH
Old 06-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I HATE the forced margins. Its not so bad on the iPad, but on the iphone? ARGGGHHHHHHHHH
I cannot say about the current versions, but I did compare the Kindle app to iBooks and the Kindle app had slightly larger margins. On an iPhone, it's awful.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #29
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
With screens a small as the iPhone, they really should do everything to maximize the use of the screen size.
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delotte231 View Post
With screens a small as the iPhone, they really should do everything to maximize the use of the screen size.
I think the margin of iBooks should be customizable so we can take advantage of the iPhone screen and get more out of the iPad screen. Same goes for the Kindle app. Both are lousy.