Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Angry@sony
Angry@sony began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Reader won't connect to computer

I have tried everything. My computer will not recognize my e reader. My laptop also does not. The USB icon displays on reader but it is not on computer. It also will not charge. I am using the correct USB cable and other USB cables, I have used 2 different USB ports, I have hard restarted my reader when it's connected & not connected, I have updated all my sony software from the site, I sent it in to sony & they were going to charge me $88 to fix it. I told them to send it back w/o fixing because for $40 more I could just buy a kindle. I have had this for just over a year (figures - now no warranty). Any last suggestions before I throw this in the trash?
Angry@sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you tried plugging an AC adapter into the 600? A PSP compatible AC adapter witht he barrel plug will do. If you know anyone who has one, borrow it and see what happens. Maybe your 600 just needs a proper charge.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Did it ever work on your computer and just now stopped?

Have you tried the hard reset that reformats the reader?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
Angry@sony

Thanks for the replys. I should try the power cord. I'll do that. I bought one @ bestbuy but it's for the wrong model. They dont even sell the PRS-600 anymore....not surprised. I have restarted/reset multiple times and I have had it & been using it for over a year. I just checked my SD card & it is gone (I just got it back from Sony servicing) seems they took it & my stylus.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Sorry to hear you've had so many problems. I hope Sony sent a refurbished unit, not your old one. Sucks that your SD card and stylus are missing.

The hard reset that reformats the memory is a little different. See:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Sony...nd_Reset_Guide

If you can get a PSP-compatible charger, as Jon recommended, a lot of things can be fixed with a long mains charge (like 8 hours).
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
Angry@sony

No, I told Sony to just send back MY reader because I wasn't willing to spend $88 on a broken reader. They will have to deal w/ me tomorrow. I have been SO disappointed w/ their customer service. I dont think I will ever buy a Sony product again.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
Angry@sony

By no, I meant I did not get a refurbished one back. This is supposedly my old one - just missing stylus & card I just now realized. I just tried the hard reset...... we'll see.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
Angry@sony

Just got my new Kindle & I love it!