Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
siriusguy
siriusguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyager
Download Metadata problems with ISBN

When I search for metadata I don't always get a result. I've gone to Amazon, typed in the title and author and almost always get one. There do seem to be a few books that are Amazon-only and don't have ISBNs.

I wonder if the search takes the first type of book (Kindle, Paperback, Hard cover), etc. from Amazon. Because I do find that the metadata search will return the Amazon ID for the Kindle and the GoodReads ID but not the ISBN.

Are there any tricks for fine-tuning the ISBN search?
siriusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Searching by ISBN on amazon will only work if that particular isbn is avaialble on amazon. For amazon it is much better to use title/author. There are other metadata plugins that might work better with ISBN, though in general since ISBNs are edition and format specific, they are not a very good way to search for books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert