Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #136
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
Edit: @oren64

Apart from uncomment line in the version I posted before, it seems not to have any difference and produced the same error . Is it supposed that I can not uncomment it?
I test it and it works okay, are sure you used the Multi-version patch: 3.17.0-3.19.5761, and copy the patch to libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch.

Can you please add the run erorr.

Last edited by oren64; 02-15-2017 at 09:32 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:36 AM   #137
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I test it and it works okay, are sure you used the Multi-version patch: 3.17.0-3.19.5761, and copy the patch to libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch.

Can you please add the run erorr.
Yes. Here is my only change. I delete the red #:

Code:
#<<Bottom margin top container >>
# Touch
#replace_string = 0050, `qproperty-bottomMargin: 10;`, `qproperty-bottomMargin: 05;`
# Glo\Aura
#replace_string = 00ED, `qproperty-bottomMargin:15;`, `qproperty-bottomMargin:10;`
# Aura HD\H2O & Glo HD 
#replace_string = 0188, `qproperty-bottomMargin: 20;`, `qproperty-bottomMargin: 15;`
If I left the #, all go well.

EDIT: Hi! Problem solve with your patch. The error come from the original libnickel.so.1.0.0 that was corrupted. Althought I still have problem with the other patch
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by boriar; 02-15-2017 at 09:39 AM.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2017, 09:41 AM   #138
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w
@boriar,

Regarding patch_name = `Custom Header menubar - reduce height by 33%` for 3.19.5761 ... did you make sure you added this patch to the nickel.patch file, not one of the other 3 .patch files?
oren64 said here that for that FW is in libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch. But thanks for your answer.
What exactly is your point?

oren64's reply about the patch 'Increasing The View Details Container' is irrelevant to the patch 'Custom Header menubar - reduce height by 33%'.

In fw 3.19.5761 the 'View Details' patch belongs in libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch but 'Custom Header menubar' belongs in nickel.patch. If you are trying to run either of them from the wrong place it's not surprising you're having trouble.

Due to underlying Kobo changes, from fw 4.x.x onwards both patches belong in nickel.patch. Both of my 'Custom Header menubar' patches (33% and 50%) have been rewritten to accommodate fw 4.x.x and are now included in GeoffR's standard patch package.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:46 AM   #139
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One advantage to the new firmware is that these patches that you are trying to get working are already in the correct place in the proper patch file.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:47 AM   #140
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
What exactly is your point?

oren64's reply about the patch 'Increasing The View Details Container' is irrelevant to the patch 'Custom Header menubar - reduce height by 33%'.

In fw 3.19.5761 the 'View Details' patch belongs in libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch but 'Custom Header menubar' belongs in nickel.patch. If you are trying to run either of them from the wrong place it's not surprising you're having trouble.

Due to underlying Kobo changes, from fw 4.x.x onwards both patches belong in nickel.patch. Both of my 'Custom Header menubar' patches (33% and 50%) have been rewritten to accommodate fw 4.x.x and are now included in GeoffR's standard patch package.
Sorry! My mistake. I missreading your post. Trying it in nickel and all perfect.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2018, 09:38 AM   #141
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
I'm on Linux. I have been following these instructions all day a bunch of times now. It seems to run smooth all the way to the end, but the problem is that a KoboRoot.tgz and a 3.19.5761_target/ directory are not happening. Either no KoboRoot.tgz is generated or it gets lost somewhere where I don't know to look.

The last lines in the terminal are
Ignoring disabled patch `KePub text-rendering options`
Quote:
Wrote 14928256 bytes to output file '/tmp/patch32lsb_QGDIvGqS/patched/./usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0'
Read 7437684 bytes from input file '/tmp/patch32lsb_QGDIvGqS/original/./usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0'
Applied patch `Fix page breaks bug`
tools/patch32lsb-x86_64-Linux: line 42 in '3.19.5761_source/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch': find_base_address string not found.
Cleaning up /tmp/patch32lsb_QGDIvGqS
Can somebody help out or is this thread too outdated now?
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:33 PM   #142
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
I'm on Linux. I have been following these instructions all day a bunch of times now. It seems to run smooth all the way to the end, but the problem is that a KoboRoot.tgz and a 3.19.5761_target/ directory are not happening. Either no KoboRoot.tgz is generated or it gets lost somewhere where I don't know to look.

The last lines in the terminal are
Ignoring disabled patch `KePub text-rendering options`

Can somebody help out or is this thread too outdated now?
The patcher is failing on one of your enabled patches in file librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch. That's why you're not getting any output.
Code:
line 42 in '3.19.5761_source/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch': find_base_address string not found
It looks like `Fix page breaks bug` ran OK but the next enabled patch didn't.
Was it `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)` by any chance.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:13 AM   #143
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It looks like `Fix page breaks bug` ran OK but the next enabled patch didn't.
Was it `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)` by any chance.
Yes, you are right. I think I made some changes to it that were unpalatable (instead of CourierStd I tried to point to Courier Prime).

I got a KoboRoot.tgz by enabling that patch without other modifications in the patch.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #144
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
hi, i have last firmware on my Aura 6", can i downgrade to this version without lost my book/underlining/annotations/collections? i have a KoboReader.sqlite of 1 month ago, can i use it?
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #145
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer7 View Post
hi, i have last firmware on my Aura 6", can i downgrade to this version without lost my book/underlining/annotations/collections? i have a KoboReader.sqlite of 1 month ago, can i use it?
Why don't you try it and see? It won't damage the device. If it fails, you will probably just be forced to sign in to you Kobo account again. At the worst, it will be a factory reset. The database structure is backwardly compatible, but there have been some changes in how some data is stored. These are mainly in the way the stats are stored. I'd expect you will loose all the reading stats, but you should keep the reading status for books.

If your database backup is from 3.19.5761, you can try restoring that after doing the firmware downgrade. If you do it before, it will be updated to the latest database version. After restoring the database, shutdown the device as quickly as possible. Then it will be reread during the start-up.

What I suggest doing is taking a copy of all the files on the books partition before trying. If things go wrong, you can restore this and try again. If your database is from
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:28 AM   #146
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
I did it and it worked!
I have simply copied the firmware 3.19 on ./kobo directory without factory reset and i haven't lost reading stats/annotations/collections :-)
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote