Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
jgs
jgs is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500
Edit Title of LRF File

Is there a way and/or tool that will let me edit the title of an lrf file. By title I mean what shows in the Connect Reader. I'd like to be able to have books with multiple volumes in the correct order (e.g. Haggard Anthology and Harvard Classics).

Thanks

Jim
jgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
libprs500 has the tool lrf-meta
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
jgs

OK, I have libprs500 and have been able to edit the titles as I wanted. Now, how do I get these edited files into the Connect Reader?

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Double click on them
Old 07-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
jgs

OK, maybe I need "Instructions for Dummies". I opened the Connect Reader (Not the handheld Sony Reader), then opened the libprs500, then double clicked on the file that I changed the meta data on and "nothing happened". Libprs500 shows the bar at the bottom at 100% but the green markers are still present.

Sorry for being a dunce!!

Jim
Advert
Old 07-07-2007, 12:21 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

oh if its within libprs500 then you need to transfer it directly to the reader and then transfer it from the reader back to the connect software. At the moment libprs500 doesn't have a way to save files on the harddisk in windows.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
jgs

OK, your recent suggestions worked, I was able to edit the meta data and move the book to the Sony Reader.

My next issue: The Sony Connect application no longer "sees" the Sony Reader. I have uninstalled libprs500, rebooted, and still can not see the Sony Reader from the Sony Connect application. I still do buy and read books purchased from the Sony store.

Short of reinstalling Sony Connect any other suggestions?

Jim
Old 07-08-2007, 02:29 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

you need to go into the device manager and uninstall the libusb driver for the sony reader, it conflicts with the connect software. You can use the connect software to transfer books and the commandline tool lrf-meta (part of libprs500) to edit the metadata before doing so.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:19 AM   #9
jgs

Bingo . . all is back to normal (Thanks). Looks like I'll switch to the command line for using libprs500. I assume that there is documentation for its use. I'll check later today.

Thanks for all your patient help and great utility.

Jim
Old 07-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The commands are self documenting just run them and they'll explain how to use them.