Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-30-2007, 01:05 PM   #16
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast
woldinghamuk doesn't litterwoldinghamuk doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150 + sony reader 500
I was lucky not to have plugged in the ebookwise.. I only tried it out on the power supply..that was the smoking thing :-) ..as for an english electricity forum, I only know this: http://www.electricityforum.com/ ...but I am glad to hear the skytronic thing does not need anything else.. and will basically charge my ebookwise instéad the original power source
woldinghamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #17
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast

ooooops
Old 12-31-2007, 11:42 AM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldinghamuk View Post
I was lucky not to have plugged in the ebookwise.. I only tried it out on the power supply..that was the smoking thing :-) ..as for an english electricity forum, I only know this: http://www.electricityforum.com/ ...but I am glad to hear the skytronic thing does not need anything else.. and will basically charge my ebookwise instéad the original power source
Set any universal power supplies to output 12V with the center of the plug positive. Since USB only outputs 5V this is why an USB adapter will not work.

If the universal power supply has an input switch be sure to set it to match your AC. 110 or 220. Failure to do this will cause you power supply to smoke.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #19
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info DaleDe.

W.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #20
LeserattePD
Enthusiast
LeserattePD doesn't litterLeserattePD doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Kindle 3
European charger for ebookwise 1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldinghamuk View Post
Is it this toy? If it is ..you have made my day: http://www.twenga.co.uk/offer/109399263.html
Hi there,

I've been lugging around a big voltage adaptor (about 700g) to plug my american ebook charger into for the last three years because I didn't know there were UK chargers with the right plugs.

So did you buy this charger? Are the plugs correct for the ebookwise? How heavy is it (Amazon says packaged weight 300 g, but how much is the charger on it's own)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Maybe there should be a sticky thread detailing which chargers are right for which part of the world? With relevant links... and maybe we should send the info to kascarlett so she can include it whenever she sells an ebookwise outside of America.
LeserattePD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Go to Maplins (or any other electronics store, but there's a Maplins' store in virtually every UK town) and buy a general-purpose mains adaptor with switchable output voltage and a set of replacable "tips". That should work just fine with your 1150.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeserattePD View Post
Hi there,

I've been lugging around a big voltage adaptor (about 700g) to plug my american ebook charger into for the last three years because I didn't know there were UK chargers with the right plugs.

So did you buy this charger? Are the plugs correct for the ebookwise? How heavy is it (Amazon says packaged weight 300 g, but how much is the charger on it's own)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Maybe there should be a sticky thread detailing which chargers are right for which part of the world? With relevant links... and maybe we should send the info to kascarlett so she can include it whenever she sells an ebookwise outside of America.
i have one just like it but with a french plug. it is about the same size and weight of the original eb1150 charger, but a bit lighter and smaller. definitely quite portable. there are a variety of tips to chose from, and one of them fits the eb1150 perfectly. it has also come in handy for other things which i did not anticipate, including when the power supply of my modem died unexpectedly, and luckily i could use this one (with a different tip) until my ISP could send a new one .

you just have to pay attention, to which way you attach the tip : if you look closely, "TIP" is written on one side of the end of the cord : this corresponds to the center polarity. the tip itself has a + on one side and a - on the other. so for center positive, put the + of the tip on the same side as the word "tip" of the end of the wire.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:46 AM   #23
LeserattePD
Enthusiast
LeserattePD doesn't litterLeserattePD doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Kindle 3
Thanks a lot!
LeserattePD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #24
sanchoman
sanchoman began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Travel Adaptors

Have you tried getting the travel adapter for your transformer. They sell them everywhere. Skymall catalog, etc.
sanchoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #25
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchoman View Post
Have you tried getting the travel adapter for your transformer. They sell them everywhere. Skymall catalog, etc.
A 220V in, 120V out small electronics (50 watt) type converter does in fact work but transformer based adapters get hot if the frequency is incorrect.

I used a RCA brand converter when we went to Tonga last year to keep stuff charged. The eBookwise charged fine but due to the 50Hz supply, it ran hot to the touch so I never ran it longer than needed.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote