Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 02:41 AM   #1
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Battery gone overnight

Well the title says it - my Hanlin had been charged three days ago, it showed 74 % of battery on the last page turned before I went to sleep - and in the morning it was so empty it wasn't even responding. I was a bit worried until i put it on the charger and found out it was indeed the battery.

Has that happened to anyone before? I've had it for 5 weeks or so, and so far no troubles, no freezes (apart from OI live a few times, before I switched to installable version). I may have put the book at a wrong place (it was on my table without it's cover, and on top of some other things), but I certainly didn't expect this.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
Well the title says it - my Hanlin had been charged three days ago, it showed 74 % of battery on the last page turned before I went to sleep - and in the morning it was so empty it wasn't even responding. I was a bit worried until i put it on the charger and found out it was indeed the battery.

Has that happened to anyone before? I've had it for 5 weeks or so, and so far no troubles, no freezes (apart from OI live a few times, before I switched to installable version). I may have put the book at a wrong place (it was on my table without it's cover, and on top of some other things), but I certainly didn't expect this.
That does sound VERY strange!!! I leave OI running all the time on my BeBook Hanlin device. I am wondering if that was an indication that the battery is beginning to fail? The Nokia BL-5C battery, that the Hanlin uses, is easily available and fairly low cost, if that does turn out to be the problem.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #3
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
Hmm I managed to hit something similar a few times. At times even while reading. But haven't had it happen in over a month now.
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
A stupid question, but I ask it anyway: you left it "turned on" the whole night? Your device *should not* consume battery energy even if turned on (it does only at every page refresh), UNLESS you are listening to MP3s also. If you were listening to music while reading, and failed to stop the music / unplug the earphones when you stopped reading, it might have kept playing musing and thus empty the battery.
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
A stupid question, but I ask it anyway: you left it "turned on" the whole night? Your device *should not* consume battery energy even if turned on (it does only at every page refresh), UNLESS you are listening to MP3s also. If you were listening to music while reading, and failed to stop the music / unplug the earphones when you stopped reading, it might have kept playing musing and thus empty the battery.
Yes, I left it turned on, like I do every day, actually I never turn it off.
As I have OpenInkpot installed, there's no way I could have had music on
Old 06-05-2009, 02:18 AM   #6
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
Your device *should not* consume battery energy even if turned on (it does only at every page refresh), UNLESS you are listening to MP3s also.
Wrong. It just reduces the power load dramatically. But maybe it got looped or something so that something kept the CPU loaded the whole time.
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Does OpenInkspot support locking the keys? Perhaps the cover pressed the keys and this would cause the unit to go through the battery.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #8
idle
I Do Like Ebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Does OpenInkspot support locking the keys? Perhaps the cover pressed the keys and this would cause the unit to go through the battery.
No, the book was without its cover, just laying on top of some things on my table.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
No, the book was without its cover, just laying on top of some things on my table.
Has the problem repeated itself? Perhaps the battery gauge was not calibrated properly. Generally a few full cycles are required to get the gauge to work properly. Otherwise I would suspect a bad battery.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #10
idle
I Do Like Ebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Has the problem repeated itself? Perhaps the battery gauge was not calibrated properly. Generally a few full cycles are required to get the gauge to work properly. Otherwise I would suspect a bad battery.

Dale
No, it's only happened once, so I'm not worried much. If it happens again, I'll try and look more into it.

The battery's been charged maybe 3 times or so, so far. I don't know how many times it needs, but anyway the percentages it showes look rather stable most of the time.

Last edited by idle; 06-08-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Tags
battery, hanlin