Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 07:13 AM   #1
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
0.7.46 and custom columns

Is there any issue with 0.7.46 and creating custom columns?

I get this message when I try to create a custom column (test1, test1, Custom built from other columns):

AttributeError:'QString' object has not attribute 'strip'

calibre, version 0.7.46
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'QString' object has no attribute 'strip'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/preferences/create_custom_column.py", line 161, in accept
AttributeError: 'QString' object has no attribute 'strip'
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Already fixed. If you run from source, the fix is available, otherwise it will be in the next release.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
ViktorShchedrin
Connoisseur
ViktorShchedrin began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
isbn custom column - Error: 'QString' object has no attribute 'strip'

Hi! tried to add column by template {isbn}

AttributeError: 'QString' object has no attribute 'strip'

need to wait - no problem - thanks Kovid - next Friday release

Last edited by ViktorShchedrin; 02-20-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: found answer
ViktorShchedrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:56 AM   #4
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Already fixed. If you run from source, the fix is available, otherwise it will be in the next release.
Thanks for confirming.

By the way is it possible to set the Preferences->Add you own columns window to allow double clicking on a entry to open/edit it instead of having to Click i ? At first I thought I had to delete/recreate the column since it didn't respond to double click
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:21 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
By the way is it possible to set the Preferences->Add you own columns window to allow double clicking on a entry to open/edit it instead of having to Click i ? At first I thought I had to delete/recreate the column since it didn't respond to double click
Looked at the code. It emits the preference changed signal when items are clicked, double-clicked etc. However, I don't see the point in this, so I need to check with Kovid before changing anything.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert