Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
ddoyle777
ddoyle777 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Change at the Amazon Website?

I've been noticing a change at the Amazon site - many book pages make no reference to the Kindle. They don't have an "I'd like to read this book on the Kindle" or any notice of a Kindle edition.

I've searched the Amazon site for info on why this is happening, or if it's on particular books, or whatever, but I can't find any info?

Anyone have any idea?
ddoyle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I just noticed that myself.. curious
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Maybe they are either:

1) getting overwhelmed with requests
or
2) getting ready to split Kindle off into it's own website...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
questionfear
Connoisseur
questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Weird...I see the "Tell the publisher" link on every book page (or a link to the Kindle book if available)
questionfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I suspect they've reached a point in their contracts with publishers where saying "there is reader demand for this book in digital form" is meaningless. Publishers now *know* there's a demand for ebooks; Amazon doesn't need a list of specific title requests to convine them. They've have converted what they're going to, and will ignore everything else. (Either from lack of resources or lack of interest.) Or if they do convert other/more books, it won't be because of individual requests at Amazon.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I suspect they've reached a point in their contracts with publishers where saying "there is reader demand for this book in digital form" is meaningless. Publishers now *know* there's a demand for ebooks; Amazon doesn't need a list of specific title requests to convine them. They've have converted what they're going to, and will ignore everything else. (Either from lack of resources or lack of interest.) Or if they do convert other/more books, it won't be because of individual requests at Amazon.

But....but.....but.....according to that other thread we're going to DEMAND these -- and for free!

P.S. you are likely right about your suspicion....
Old 10-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
But....but.....but.....according to that other thread we're going to DEMAND these -- and for free!
Well, since I know companies have always handed over free merchandise when the public has demanded it, I'm sure we'll all be getting ebooks to go with our pbooks soon.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Well, since I know companies have always handed over free merchandise when the public has demanded it, I'm sure we'll all be getting ebooks to go with our pbooks soon.

Wonderful!! I can hardly wait!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #9
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I was going through my wishlist tonight and noticed that myself.

I also noticed that while some of the books on my wishlist were now bargain priced in paper, they were still $9.99 for the Kindle version.

For the first time in a year, I just bought 4 paper books
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #10
kennyc

And I've been noticing a number of books I'm looking for available at Amazon, but not anywhere else as well as books that are cheaper via amazon than other sites. By the same token many book -- in particularly best sellers/new releases seem to be pretty equivalent at multiple sites.....but not the case for some of my wants.