Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Dennis,

Congrats.

But... what does "Joined the team" mean? Does this mean he has broad sweeping powers and can suspend Habaes Corpus? Can he have me whipped with a wet noodle?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #32
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Only with your consent, and you have to provide your own noodle ... and do the whipping yourself. Hey, we're a small, volunteer staff here we can't do everything for you!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #33
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
See? I knew Bunny McCunney had some evil in him somewhere!

Cheers,
Marc
No, I'm entirely good. I leave the evil part to the Evil Twin. ("And if ya don't behave, Bun-Bun and Guido will have a talk with ya about showing respect...")

Think Ahura Mazda and Ahriman.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #34
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Dennis,

Congrats.
Thank you.

Quote:
But... what does "Joined the team" mean? Does this mean he has broad sweeping powers and can suspend Habaes Corpus? Can he have me whipped with a wet noodle?
"Broad sweeping powers"? Well, sweeping up the occasional electronic mess is part of the job, so I guess so. But the folks on MobileRead are housebroken, and seldom make messes, so I don't anticipate a lot of that activity.

In practical terms, what it means is that I'm an MR staff member, and can officially represent the site at industry functions like the Sony launch I wrote up last week. The Moderator hat came as part of the package, but in practice, I don't expect to wear it much.
______
Dennis

Last edited by DMcCunney; 10-08-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #35
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For the most part, none of us has to wear it much.
Advert
Old 10-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #36
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Don't make me unleash my Evil Twin...

______
Dennis

Does that poster mean we "nerd girls" will be spared the wrath of the Bun-bun??
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #37
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post

Does that poster mean we "nerd girls" will be spared the wrath of the Bun-bun??
You don't know Bun-bun.

But in practice, it shouldn't be a problem. As long as he is supplied with Baywatch tapes and alfafa martinis, and has things his way, he can even be likable, for suitable values of the term.
______
Dennis
Old 10-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #38
NatCh
Gizmologist

C'mon, Ricky, I suggested you look up Sluggy on Saturday evening, you clearly haven't even read the first (few) dozen strips (or so) or you'd know that "Nerd-Boy" is a specific character, and that Bun-bun has no qualms about whomping on girls.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #39
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Congratulations Dennis and wélcome to the Team!!!
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #40
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
C'mon, Ricky, I suggested you look up Sluggy on Saturday evening, you clearly haven't even read the first (few) dozen strips (or so) or you'd know that "Nerd-Boy" is a specific character, and that Bun-bun has no qualms about whomping on girls.
Bun-bun has no qualms about whomping on anybody. It's part of his, um, charm.
______
Dennis
Old 10-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
You're one of the ablest researchers in this place. Good to see you there.

BTW I always thought that avatar was your real portrait. It saddens me now to have to see you otherwise.
not to worry : just like everybody else around here, you'll be pleased to know that Bun-- ahem, Dennis looks just like his avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Congrats, Dennis (nice name, although, to me you will always be "Bunny McCunney" ... I can't help it ... it's how I think of you).
not me. not at all.
Quote:
Only with your consent, and you have to provide your own noodle ... and do the whipping yourself. Hey, we're a small, volunteer staff here we can't do everything for you!
sheesh, seriously, some people are so demanding !!! never satisfied !!!

welcome dennis ! i look forward to more enlightment at the hands of Teh Bunny !! (still jealous about the NY sony even though ).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #42
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Bun-bun has no qualms about whomping on anybody. It's part of his, um, charm.
"Charm."

I suppose that's as good a word as any.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #43
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
not to worry : just like everybody else around here, you'll be pleased to know that Bun-- ahem, Dennis looks just like his avatar.
I do?

Hmmmm....

Quote:
welcome dennis ! i look forward to more enlightment at the hands of Teh Bunny !! (still jealous about the NY sony even though ).
Can't help on the jealousy, but I may be able to provide more enlightenment.

Thanks for the welcome.
______
Dennis
Old 10-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #44
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
Congratulations Dennis and wélcome to the Team!!!
Thank you. It may be a case of "Out of the frying pan..." but it's good so far.
______
Dennis
Old 10-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #45
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Yeah, but some girls, at least, are smart enough to stay out of his way after the initial traumatic incident.

Though now that I think on it, Torg does try to stay away from Bun-bun most of the time....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote