Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #76
AccioHogwarts
AccioHogwarts began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Same thing has happened to me, although when I plug in the device it doesn't have any files on it at all.
Would love it if someone could send me an image.
Thanks
Old 04-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 04-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #78
AccioHogwarts

Files are on Kobo but no change.
No response from Kobo support either. Ugh.

Last edited by AccioHogwarts; 04-10-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #79
AccioHogwarts

Does anyone have a link to the firmware version before 1.9.11 screwed everything up?
Can't find it anywhere.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #80
read791
read791 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi (N647)
Hey AccioHogwarts,

If you emailed Kobo support, their response is really slow.
Choose the option where they call you.
Go to Kobo's website, scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on "Get Help"
Then scroll to the bottom of the page again and click "Contact Customer Care"
When You click on "I have a new inquiry" or "I have an existing inquiry"
the next page (once again at the very bottom) will give you an option to
"Request a Call"

This option tends to be the speediest, you will get a call within five minutes.

Good luck

Last edited by read791; 04-10-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: incomplete message
Advert
Old 04-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #81
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccioHogwarts View Post
Does anyone have a link to the firmware version before 1.9.11 screwed everything up?
Can't find it anywhere.
Sorry, I thought the image I sent was for 1.9.10 or earlier. I don't have a WiFi to check it on, so can't be sure.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #82
sergisr
sergisr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
My Kobo Wireless died that way. Two days after the last software update, it stopped working.
They asked me to send the device to the Netherlands (I'm from Barcelona, Catalonia), and sent me back a Kobo Touch... A faulty refurbished Kobo Touch. The only thing it does is flashing a green LED :-(
Now, they say that my device is out of warranty and I must purchase a new one.
Why did they send me the defective e-reader, if my Kobo Wireless was out of warranty? I could have repaired it by re-flashing its SD card.
This aggressive strategy of planned obsolescence is really disgusting.

EDITED: They have admitted their error and they'll replace the faulty Kobo Touch.

Last edited by sergisr; 04-11-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:06 AM   #83
AccioHogwarts

Customer support have finally offered to replace my Kobo. They've asked for date and place of purchase which I don't know since it was a gift but I'm fairly sure it was just under 3 years ago. Will they still replace it even though it was so long ago?

They also ask if I'd accept a device in a different colour, I was wondering if anyone answered no? Don't really fancy anything but a black one but don't want that to mean they send me nothing...
Old 04-16-2014, 01:39 AM   #84
stex27
stex27 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
my touch with the 3.2.2 firmware was not working. tried to downgrade to 2.6.1. Unfortunately my kobo is bricked. Do you have any suggestion ?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #85
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Charge it up. Try holding the power switch for 20 seconds, then resetting with combinations of the Home button, pinhole reset and power slider -I recall doing all three at once(hold button & paperclip, flick power switch on until light show on LED) when my Touch got buggered up during a firmware upgrade and would not finish booting. It may do a restore. If not, see if you can get someone to send you an image and write it to the internal sdhc card if it has one. Kobo Developer's forum is your best bet.

Obviously, if in warranty contact Kobo, chat is better than email.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #86
sergisr
sergisr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccioHogwarts View Post
Customer support have finally offered to replace my Kobo. They've asked for date and place of purchase which I don't know since it was a gift but I'm fairly sure it was just under 3 years ago. Will they still replace it even though it was so long ago?
My Kobo Wireless was out of warranty, but they replaced it because it was their fault.

When I wrote to tell them that the replacement unit was also damaged, they replied by saying that my device was out of warranty and I had to purchase a new one, but this response was inconsistent (Why did they replace the first device, then? Were they going to give me back my Kobo Wireless?) and they had to rectify their decision.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #87
garibaldo
garibaldo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
Same situation.
I'm requesting a PM for the image file too.
Thanks .
Old 04-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #88
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 04-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #89
Cindibear
Cindibear began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
My Kobo Wifi reset itself to original mode and nothing has worked... I've now been in touch with their customer service via chat and email and they've asked for my info to "repair or exchange" my unit. I think they're more aware of the bad update than they're willing to admit since the photos they've asked for confirms nothing except damages to the actual unit itself (of which there is zero). To their credit, it's been just about 24 hours and they're already on it for me. Perhaps I'm just lucky to get such a quick response but I sure do hope they fix it up for me as quickly. I don't want to have to tell my nieces that the gift they got me is broken!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #90
AccioHogwarts

Kobo have finally sent me a replacement touch which just keeps freezing after startup. At least the bricked WiFi turned on even if there was nothing there!
Trying to get books on is impossible at if I do manage to finish setup it just freezes and forces me to do a factory reset. This is ridiculous, why are they shipping out faulty readers?!
Haven't seen anyone else with this issue though so don't think it's a common one?
This is so frustrating!
Closed Thread