Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #16
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
It could do any number of screwy things. I tried it once. It triggered the copy protection on most of my computer games. It screwed up WMP and IE so bad that I stopped using them entirely.

Derek, if you try to repair the installation there is a chance that your Mobipocket PID might change. I would bet money on any DRMed PDFs you have will stop working.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just use the script to remove the Mobipocket DRm and that will solve the PID change issue if there is one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2008, 02:45 AM   #18
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just use the script to remove the Mobipocket DRm and that will solve the PID change issue if there is one.
You mean the version 0.3 script that was floating around here for a while? Been there, tried that, choked on the very first Mobi ebook. Doesn't work.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:00 AM   #19
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
You mean the version 0.3 script <...>Doesn't work.
It worked for me on most of my mobipockets. The only book that didn't work after the conversion was a large dictionary.

Did you get a specific error or did the converson process complete normally?
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:06 AM   #20
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelheid View Post
It worked for me on most of my mobipockets. The only book that didn't work after the conversion was a large dictionary.

Did you get a specific error or did the converson process complete normally?
Kept dying half-way through. No meaningful error message, but it did complain of errors. I don't remember what the message was, but I can run through it again and find out.
Advert
Old 03-06-2008, 03:16 AM   #21
delphidb96
Wizard

Just ran it and got the error message: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aenea/mobipocket/MobiDecoder. If you can explain this, I'm a happy camper.

I suppose I should mention that under my WinXP system I have the whole kit-and-kaboodle sitting in the MobiExtractor folder off my root on the C: drive, iow, c:\MobiExtractor\

Derek

Last edited by delphidb96; 03-06-2008 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:30 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It sounds as if you may perhaps be using the Java tool which was based on copyrighted MobiPocket code and hence withdrawn from circulation following a request by MobiPocket's legal representatives. That's NOT the tool which was being referred to earlier in this thread. See this thread.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Harry is 100% correct. I was not referring to the java tool that was based on code used with the iLiad. I was referring to the Python script.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:31 AM   #24
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Harry is 100% correct. I was not referring to the java tool that was based on code used with the iLiad. I was referring to the Python script.
Crap! NOW I've got to install a NEW app on my already-delicate machine! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap!

[Sigh]

Okay, I'll download the Python he suggests and then, after my return service call on Saturday, I'll install it.

Crap!

D'ya know... I've got a JVM, Perl, Pascal (Delphi) and so much other shit installed *JUST* to run and/or maintain 'occasional' apps. Crap!

[Yes, I *AM* going through a regressive stage back to my potty-language days.]

Derek
Old 03-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #25
delphidb96
Wizard

DOWNLOADED ActiveState Python! Installed it! Ran MobiDeDRM against a DRM'd Mobipocket ebook! It *WORKS*!!!

Thank you, all!

Derek

P.S. Woo-Hoo!!! Just ran the eReader decompiler as well and it did a Bang-Up Job!!! Woo-Hoo!

Last edited by delphidb96; 03-06-2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Wanted to mention the eReader decompiler.