Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
mlove
Cat-loving cyclist
mlove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, IPhone
New member from Champaign

Just to introduce myself, I am Sharon Michalove from Champaign, Illinois. I am retired from the university and I read a lot. At the moment I have many boxes of books in my basement that were in my office. So the idea of having books in a more portable and easily stored form is appealing. I did have a Rocketbook in the past so I am familiar with the advantages of using an electronic reader. I tried using my Palm Treo for reading on the go but the screen is really too small (and now I can't sync anyway until the syncing software is updated to work with Leopard).

I plan to buy the Sony Reader today. I am on a Mac and I don't plan to get Windows since the XP software would cost as much as the Reader. Since my husband has a PC, he said I could use that for downloading from Sony and (I assume) software updates to the reader. He doesn't want to store the actual books on his PC.

I assume I can still plug it into the Mac via USB and store copies of the books on either my hard drive or my external drive.

Any suggestions on making the process easier or is this the best route?
mlove is offline   Reply With Quote