Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 01:38 AM   #1
zentiment
zentiment began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to stop Calibre from creating a Recycle Bin?

I keep my Calibre library on an external USB hard drive. Ten percent of my drive is a whopping 200 Gigabytes, so I have changed my settings in Windows Explorer to manage bins on each drive separately and turn off the recycle bin on that drive. I just make sure I really want to delete anything from that drive before I do so. Unfortunately, Calibre automatically creates a recycle bin without asking, even if I have not deleted any books from within Calibre. This is becoming a REALLY big headache. Is it possible to set Calibre to delete instead of recycle or some other workaround?
zentiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not without editing the source code.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert