Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
hombre
hombre began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K3
changing numerical position

Hi,
I need to know a couple of things.
If a book is part of a series...say book 2, and is number 166 in the library, how do I get it to follow book 1 in the series which is placed at number 134 in the library? I cannot drag and drop and wondered if it can be done some other way.
Also, when I edit metadata for a book I do not want any tags or ID's. With ID's I simply delete with the green delete button on the right, but there is no such button for tags and I have to click and backspace them all.
Can I alter Calibre to omit these items in the first place?
Lastly, can I somehow sort each authors books in alphabetical order?
Thanks in advance for any help offered.
hombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
If you put in the series name in the Series slot and assign them numbers in the proper order, you can sort them (click on the series column header) by series.

If you mean in Calibre, if you click on the Title column header, it sorts by Title. If you then click on the Author column header, it will sort by Author, but for each Auther, the books will be in alphabetical order.

If you mean on your reader, it is somewhat reader specific.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert