Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
tourpe
Edge User

Device already registered, must be designated as Transferrable -- Code 42

We have received the Edge at work for testing purpose. When trying to go to the store, a message says "please register your device before accessing the store".

When registering, we get: "This device is already registered to another user and cannot be registered again until it is designated as Transferrable. -- Code 42"

It's possible that the first person who tried the device in our company registered it, but it doesn't explain the first message. Please advise.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
done
Edge User

Hello,

If the eDGe is indeed registered under another account, you will need to have the previous person make it "transferable" to another account.

Here are the steps to transfer your registered device (make it transferable) to another account:

1. Login to the account that the device is currently registered with on your PC:
https://www.entourageedge.com/customer/account/login/
2. After logging in you should see your device appear under "My Devices" on the "Account Dashboard"
3. Click "Edit" and choose "Yes" for transferable. Then hit Save.
4. Now you can re-register your device to another account. Please see this article for information on how to register a device.

This information can also be found in the knowledge-base: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...kbarticleid=81

If you find that the eDGe was not previously registered to another person, or the steps listed above do not work, you will need to contact our support team in order to resolve the issue. You can find more information on how to contact tech support through the following link: https://www.entourageedge.com/support/

Technical Support
techsupport@entourageedge.com
1-703-650-5381 (Phone)
Support hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST

Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #3
cachalot
Edge User

Oh, I have the same problem.

But, I can't contact seller... ;(

Old 09-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
borisb
Edge User

You can try contacting Tech Support (techsupport@entourageedge.com) and see what their policy is in these situations. Their concern would likely be proof of ownership - i.e., that the unit hadn't be stolen (i.e., given up unwillingly by the previous owner).