Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #46
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
He's just kinda like a force of nature, you know, like an earthquake crossed with a tornado.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #47
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Though now that I think on it, Torg does try to stay away from Bun-bun most of the time....
When he thinks to. Not thinking before he acts is one of Torg's endearing characteristics...
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #48
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Nice installment!

Congrats DMcCunney!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #49
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
When he thinks to. Not thinking before he acts is one of Torg's endearing characteristics...
Agreed.

I think we must acknowledge, however, that Zoë has kicked Bun-bun through a wall on at least one occasion and he seemed disinclined to go back and continue the argument.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #50
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Agreed.

I think we must acknowledge, however, that Zoë has kicked Bun-bun through a wall on at least one occasion and he seemed disinclined to go back and continue the argument.
Bun-bun isn't stupid. That puts him one up on most of the rest of the the characters...
______
Dennis
Old 10-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #51
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Having had pet rabbits around for over 25 years I can safely say that Bun-bun is more typical than unusual. Each of our rabbits picked his or her favorite and defended them against all others. They are very loyal.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #52
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Having had pet rabbits around for over 25 years I can safely say that Bun-bun is more typical than unusual. Each of our rabbits picked his or her favorite and defended them against all others. They are very loyal.
Bun-bun is loyal to Bun-bun. Anyone else takes their chances.
______
Dennis
Old 10-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #53
digitalzen
Connoisseur
digitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Ladies and gentlemen from far and near,

It is my great pleasure to formally announce that Dennis McCunney has joined the Mobileread team. Dennis has been a member since 2007, and it's not an exaggeration to describe him as a most helpful and enthusiastic e-book follower.

Most of you may have seen Dennis' remarkable coverage of the recent Sony event in New York City. So what'd be more appropriate than naming him Mobileread's official "New York Editor"?

Welcome aboard, Dennis! Very glad to have you with us.
Welcome, Dennis -- as a newer member, I look forward to your content
digitalzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:23 AM   #54
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalzen View Post
Welcome, Dennis -- as a newer member, I look forward to your content
Wise words, digitalzen. Dennis's (a.k.a. "Bunny", if you want to get your arse kicked ) content is triple-A stuff. Aside from everything else, if there's anything you want to know in the world of SF (and I mean anything - conventions, publishing histories, behind-the-scenes stories), Dennis is The Man (or The Bunny anyway ). Crossing my fingers, when Worldcon comes to Oz in a couple of years, I'll be meeting the man-bunny himself (and, hopefully, any other MR person outside of Australasia that likes 15-24hour flights ).

...and now, since I've just done enough blowing smoke, I'll just say "Bunny McCunney" again - BUNNY McCUNNEY!)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #55
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Glenda and Bun-bun in one post. Unfortunately it reminds me of something I wished I could do but can't. I wanted to download large chunks of Sluggy to read on my Sony. (Unless you can do it in the Defenders)

I was actually bored a couple nights ago and searched what obscure OS's were still being worked on. Was tempted to download this to play with. http://www.menuetos.net/

(Running FreeBSD on my main system)

-MJ

P.S. Thanks for perking up my day with Bun-bun.
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #56
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Wise words, digitalzen. Dennis's (a.k.a. "Bunny", if you want to get your arse kicked ) content is triple-A stuff. Aside from everything else, if there's anything you want to know in the world of SF (and I mean anything - conventions, publishing histories, behind-the-scenes stories), Dennis is The Man (or The Bunny anyway ).
I've been involved in organized SF activities for years, and know a lot of people.

At the moment, I'm busy with a convention that asked me to step in and handle Hotel Liaison chores, as the person doing it won't continue. Dealing with the hotel is not a problem. Getting the information from the rest of the committee on what the con is doing when and in what space to tell the hotel about it is another matter. Putting together the resume for the hotel should have been in process a month earlier.

Quote:
Crossing my fingers, when Worldcon comes to Oz in a couple of years, I'll be meeting the man-bunny himself (and, hopefully, any other MR person outside of Australasia that likes 15-24hour flights ).
15 hour flights aren't the problem. (And it would be longer than that because I'd have to take a cross country flight to LA first.) Time and money is.

If I were going to go to Oz, I'd want to take a month, because I'd actually like to see some of the country aside from attending the Worldcon.

We'll see if it's possible in 2011.

(An old friend amused me with his tale of attending the last Oz Worldcon. He paid for his flight using frequent flier miles. He got the miles using a credit card that offered miles as a bonus. He used the card to pay for his bar tab at conventions. So years of hanging out in the bar at cons and getting sloshed paid for the trip to Oz. It was appropriate, given the individual.)

You could come up here for Anticipation...
Quote:
...and now, since I've just done enough blowing smoke, I'll just say "Bunny McCunney" again - BUNNY McCUNNEY!)
Some people like to live dangerously.
______
Dennis
Old 10-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #57
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Glenda and Bun-bun in one post. Unfortunately it reminds me of something I wished I could do but can't. I wanted to download large chunks of Sluggy to read on my Sony. (Unless you can do it in the Defenders)
Good question. I don't know.

But you might lobby Pete to make the collections available in ebook form.

Quote:
I was actually bored a couple nights ago and searched what obscure OS's were still being worked on. Was tempted to download this to play with. http://www.menuetos.net/
Hmmm. How bored are you? You can look at 2k, Athene, ConTiki, emulab, MIR, MIT Exokernel, Modula-3, NachOS, ReactOS, NewOS, PaulOS, ScaraOS, or ZigZag

Quote:
(Running FreeBSD on my main system)

-MJ

P.S. Thanks for perking up my day with Bun-bun.
You're welcome.
______
Dennis
Old 10-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #58
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I think I was only bored enough to look at about a third of those ReactOS is cute, but I feel it's flawed in concept like WINE in that you are always playing catch-up. (Just buy a KVM already, heh)

Maybe we can combine distractions and create TorgOS?
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #59
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I think I was only bored enough to look at about a third of those ReactOS is cute, but I feel it's flawed in concept like WINE in that you are always playing catch-up. (Just buy a KVM already, heh)
Or dual boot, or use something like VMWare.

Quote:
Maybe we can combine distractions and create TorgOS?
A stupid OS? I thought Microsoft already did that...

Though the concept of Bun-Bun appearing in the case of PEBKAC* problems is appealing...

* "Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair"
______
Dennis