Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-23-2018, 05:06 AM   #1
Kylie99
Kylie99 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Need help?

hey,

i live in australia and want to buy a ebook which for some stupid reason is not available in my country. from a few quick google searches people seem to suggest setting up a fake u.s. amazon account and buying it that way, which i'm fine with, but i'm worried about it getting "locked out", i.e. based on my i.p. address amazon makes it unreadable, which i've seen reports of happening. is there a reliable workaround for this? if i get it into calibre is there some way i can preserve it to prevent it from getting locked out, stripping the drm or whatnot?

any suggestions appreciated. i'm sure this question has been asked a billion times but i've searched and i'm still at a loss.

thanks.
Kylie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:29 AM   #2
shiningcat
shiningcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
You can go to Manage Your Content and Devices > Settings on Amazon to change your country there, but you will need a US address.

If you create a new account, then you can just change the account on your Kindle, download it from that account, then change back the account. You can still read your book from a different account.
shiningcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert