Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-29-2018, 04:11 PM   #1
Kisuke-CZE
Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: All-new Kindle Oasis
Any Kindle Oasis 2 teardown?

Hi,

it is few months since Oasis 2 was released. And I cannot find any teardown of this device. I would like to know if is it possible to replace battery in this device in future. Is there any take apart article or video? I was unable to find any.

I still have my kindle 3 now, because i cannot find better ereader. Changed battery in that device once. Now it seems this guy will need another battery exchange. Or maybe unit is just dying, so time for upgrade.

Inkpad 3 disapointed me. Aura one has no buttons, but what is worst is that very bad comfortlight which just does not work because is very uneven. Oasis 2 seems like best reader so far. But I am afraid of that design - seems it is glued together or something.

Odesláno z mého ONEPLUS A3003 pomocí Tapatalk
Kisuke-CZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:14 AM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
It is worse than just glued. So far here is no teardown available that is non-destructive.

I would say to forget about replacing the battery yourself and don't count on aftermarket services to be able to do it for you.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2018, 05:42 AM   #3
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
It is worse than just glued. So far here is no teardown available that is non-destructive.

I would say to forget about replacing the battery yourself and don't count on aftermarket services to be able to do it for you.
Can you point to a place on the Web where such a teardown is documented?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:46 AM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Can you point to a place on the Web where such a teardown is documented?
I said there is no teardown that is successful, so I cannot point towards what hasn't been discovered. In one of the monster Oasis 2 threads someone has posted pictures of an unsuccessful opening - well, Oasis 2 was open, but total junk.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:06 AM   #5
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I said there is no teardown that is successful, so I cannot point towards what hasn't been discovered. In one of the monster Oasis 2 threads someone has posted pictures of an unsuccessful opening - well, Oasis 2 was open, but total junk.
Ok cool, thanks! Then I will look there.
(I was actually asking for an unsuccessful teardown)

Edit: Couldn't find anything...

Last edited by johnnyb; 04-30-2018 at 06:12 AM.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #6
Kisuke-CZE
Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Kisuke-CZE is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: All-new Kindle Oasis
I just probably found what DuckieTigger had in mind: Unsuccessful teardown

Seems bad. Probably well planned lifetime Or maybe just very bad disassembly, because it looks like batery exploded inside device itself.

I wonder why iFixit did not do any teardown, they are often very good at these things. And when only option to take apart that thing is destruction, they just give it garbage score...

Update: Just posted question on iFixit, let's see what happens, or maybe add some votes if you are interested too.

Last edited by Kisuke-CZE; 04-30-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Kisuke-CZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:08 PM   #7
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Well that looks, um, disturbing.

So far the only battery I changed out on a kindle was on the K1 I bought in 2008. Of course it actually had a proper changeable battery. My K3/keyboard, the 2nd oldest kindle I have, still holds battery quite well. Of course I dont really use it much anymore. But I have a couple of months ago. Read a whole book on it and it barely moved the icon. I charge my kindle fleet once a month.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #8
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisuke-CZE View Post
I just probably found what DuckieTigger had in mind: Unsuccessful teardown
Yes, that is the one. A quick search was not getting me anywhere. Glad you found it.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #9
tinbilly
tinbilly began at the beginning.

Device: koa
Here you can find a Kindle Oasis Disassembly report, https://www.pemnet.com/kindle-oasis-teardown-summary/

Hope that helps.
tinbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:46 PM   #10
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
That's the Oasis 1, though. The document date is Oct 2016, and the Oasis shown includes a cover with battery in it. Oasis 1.
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
teardown