Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2016, 01:35 AM   #1
eppe
eppe began at the beginning.

Device: J-PRS-650
Angry Glo HD switches on itself.

Hi,
My Glo HD is switching on itself when close to a cellphone (I replicated it with 2 different phones), it took me a while to figure out why my Kobo was often on, I first was thinking of a special touch screen feature which I would trigger while carrying it...
I always carry both together, therefore my Kobo is always on, this is driving me mad.
Has anyone experienced this behaviour ?!
eppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:39 AM   #2
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
By switching on, do you mean turning on while asleep, or turning on while completely powered off?

If it's waking from sleep, then does your cell phone or cell phone case have a magnet? That could be what's causing it to wake up.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2016, 02:26 AM   #3
eppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
By switching on, do you mean turning on while asleep, or turning on while completely powered off?
Yes I meant waking up during asleep.

Ahhh I just saw that the cover can wake it up/sleep through the use of magnet, thanks rtiangha, without the accessory I didn't think of that.
Anyway to deactivate this ?

Last edited by eppe; 12-06-2016 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Details
Old 12-06-2016, 02:46 AM   #4
eppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eppe View Post
Anyway to deactivate this ?
Found it in the settings, great, will give it a try, thanks for the help it didn't even come to my mind ....