Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-16-2004, 08:30 PM   #1
Brad
Zealot
Brad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3 / EB1150 /iPhone
Question More File Formats for Plucker?

I guess this is a wish list sort of post. I really like the Plucker reader interface and features.

On my wish list for Plucker would be the ability to read some extra formats. Specifically I would love to see PalmDOC read natively because it is so ubiquitous. And since Plucker already supports Zlib it would be great if it would also read zTXT which is an open source and openly documented format although not very fancy, it too uses Zlib compression.

Has anyone heard of any plans in this regard?
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:27 PM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
We have, many times, but nobody has stepped up to actually offer code that provides this functionality, so it doesn't exist.

If someone wants these features, they are encouraged to write it, and submit some working code that provides it, for Plucker. If they can't write it themselves, there are plenty of "Developers for Hire" that would be happy to do it, for the right amount of money, I'm sure.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert