Notices

Old 01-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
maxwed
maxwed began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad IRex
Iliad switches on every day at 00:00...

Why?

In "Einstellungen" (Preferences) i've found two pages regarding this:

One page where I can configure a connect of the device at regular intervals with either IDS or PC. I switched this OFF.

On another page in Preferences I can configure the device to regularly connect to IDS, at certain times of the day. This also is switched OFF on my device. If I switch this on, I found that by default there is an entry of 13:00 hours. I deleted this and switched the regular connect to IDS OFF again.

Result: The ILiad continues to automatically boot at exactly 0:00 and stays on at least 20 Minutes. I didn't wait longer to find out when exactly it switches off, in the mornings it always was switched off.

What's my problem or is this unconfigurable behaviour?

P.S. My Iliad is not connected to anything, neither by wire nor by wifi, so I'm wondering what it is trying to do each midnight...
maxwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Don't know what the problem is, but you're not the only one with it. But the other person's iliad switches on at 3:38!

http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=2213
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Was it connected to the charger?
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
maxwed
maxwed began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad IRex
Tribble, no it was not connected to the charger!

Carandol thanks for the link, I'll try what the one guy suggested over there, trying one cycle of automatic connect before switching automatic connect off again...

Funnily, once a shutdown in the midst of reading also happened to me, but I can't remember if that was at 0:00 also or at a later time.

If nothing helps I'll try Irex customer support...
maxwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:23 AM   #5
chupit
chupit began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
In my case playing with preferences (switching on and off) helped and I have not seen my iLiad waking up for a last couple of days.
chupit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert