Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-16-2022, 01:15 PM   #1
Arkadius
Arkadius began at the beginning.

Device: Max Lumi 1
Max Lumi battery replacement

Hi all,

It seems like the condition of my battery has brutally degraded.
Not so long ago, my device used to last for one week (in use 5-6 hours per day).
It might have gone down to 3-4 days, but since this week, the battery empties in just a few hours (approx 10% per hour, even in standby mode!), and it dies suddenly when the battery still displays ~15% remaining.
In short, my Max Lumi is now hardly usable, which is quite unacceptable for a device bought 1.5 years ago.

I'm using this device absolutely every day for work, so sending it back to have it repaired is likely to cost me 2 weeks, which I can't afford.
Therefore, I thought about replacing the battery myself. However, I couldn't find any video/topic about the Max Lumi. Maybe all people who tried just broke the device...

TL;DR:
  • Is there any advice/picture/instruction on how to take the Max Lumi apart without breaking it, given that there are no mounting screws in this model?
  • Which battery model should I order?

Arkadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:03 AM   #2
DenisR
Connoisseur
DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Hi,
I don't have a Lumi, just a Max 2, and changed its battery one year ago. You may find some help on this thread :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...18#post4105718
The Lumi is problaby not very different from the Max 2.
Good luck
Denis
DenisR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, max lumi, teardown